Sr. Software Engineer in TestPrimary Location: Burlington, Massachusetts
Additional Locations: MA-Burlington Apply
Leveraging your expertise in Big Data, IoT, Native Cloud, Application Development, Machine Learning and Deep Learning, you will join a product team that is building disruptive cloud platform that will transform the healthcare industry and improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people. Aetna Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the Aetna Enterprise. We want you to bring your talent and expertise to drive the change the is desperately needed within the healthcare industry.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
Aetna is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer in Test to execute their quality strategy. As a member of the Digital Transformation Engineering team, you will be responsible for the Quality related activities working directly with PM, UX, Development and project stakeholders to ensure we develop and release the highest quality software product, while ensuring that our quality engineering practices are applied throughout the Agile development lifecycle. You will collaborate with cross functional and cross organization teams on quality initiatives and techniques that promote the best software testing practices and automation tools.
- 5+ years of experience in a Software Quality position
- Solid experience on the implementation and execution of automation testing and coverage that ensures the delivery of a high quality user experience for back end services.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in an Agile Scrum Team environment
- Contribute to the quality engineering activities throughout every phase of the SDLC requirements, design, development and testing
- Provide technical guidance to support project quality activities
- Promote proper implementation of Agile SAFe techniques and processes for sprint planning and estimation
- Ensure the test coverage and execution of Unit, Integration, Acceptance, System, Regression and UAT are met
- Experience with security concepts and best practices to protect PII
- Understanding of Networking fundamentals
- Evaluate and record the test results and log issues in a test management tool
- Monitor project progress and ensure timely deliveries
- Review final deliverables to ensure they meet expected quality standards
- Evaluate the efficiency of existing QA processes and recommend improvements
- Collaborate with engineering on a multi-platform test automation framework by working with best of breed technologies, practices and tools
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration / Continuous Build framework
- 5+ years software project life cycle experience with concentration in quality assurance.
- 5+ years experience in technology support or application program development.
- Strong Test Cases Preparation and API Automation Test Frameworks.
- Strong test processes, strategies and approaches.
- Very Strong troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of TDD execution and Approach.
- Automation Test framework tools, scripting experience using TestNg, Java, JUnit, Node.js, Python, Ruby, messaging: (i.e. AWS SNS/SQS, Rabbit MQ), XML, API, JSON
- Spring Framework is a plus
- AWS is a plus
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Dollar-for-dollar match up-to 6% of your 401(k) contributions!
Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
Gym / Showers
A top of the line MacBook Pro
Free Parking (Burlington, MA office)
Aetna-sponsored refreshments, Friday lunches, etc.
$200/yr towards wellness - gym membership, fitbit, treadmill
Up-to 5K a year toward tuition reimbursement
Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.