Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Senior Software Engineer in Test (API)~ 66316BRPrimary Location: Burlington, Massachusetts
Additional Locations: MA-Burlington Apply
Leveraging your expertise in Big Data, IoT, Native Cloud, Application Development, Machine Learning and Deep Learning, you will join a product team that is building disruptive cloud platform that will transform the healthcare industry and improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people. Aetna Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the Aetna Enterprise. We want you to bring your talent and expertise to drive the change the is desperately needed within the healthcare industry.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
66316Fundamental Components: Aetna's mandate is to transform health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and best-in-class experience. The Aetna Digital team is responsible for Aetna's digital transformation and all digital products; as well as the development and execution of the digital roadmap.
We're looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) with a solid background writing and executing test automation to ensure the delivery of a high quality user experience on our mobile web, iOS, Android platforms. As a member of one of our scrum teams in Burlington, MA, you will responsible for working closely with Architects, Design, Product, Accessibility, and Security to ensure quality is built into the features to be delivered, on time, based on PI objectives.
As a Senior SDET you will:
- Work with developers to optimize workflows and improve the cadence and quality of releases
- Seek opportunities to improve efficiency around quality-related processes and procedures
- Collaborate with Software Engineers, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to ensure smooth integration of quality standards into the SDLC
- Test large-scale web services (RESTful APIs)
- Coach fellow team members to develop test automation code using standard coding practices and reusable libraries
- Create and maintain standard coding documentation in automation/testing frameworks
- Prioritize your work, communicate clearly and demonstrate a consistent track record of commitment and accountability for delivery
- Work in a fast-paced and collaborative team environment
- Participate in test data preparation & test plan generation
- Perform test data analysis for standalone data-driven products and micro-services
- Demonstrate an understanding of leading data technologies and best practices
- Partner with key stakeholders throughout the SDLC to understand use cases and create tests based on customer requirements and design prototypes
- 8+ years of experience in the domain of quality engineering
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Java
- Experience writing test automation frameworks and methods
- Hands-on automated testing using any of the following - Selenium, Appium, XCUITest, Espresso, Java, TestNG
- Understanding of Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Experience using CI/CD systems such as Jenkins
- Experience building highly automated test environments using virtual and cloud resources is strongly desired
- Experience with interacting and working closely with Product Owners, DevOps, and Software Engineering teams
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet commitments
- Experience with security concepts and best practices to protect PII
- Experience with virtualization and containers (Docker or similar)
- Ability to troubleshoot complex systems
- Understanding of Agile frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban and SAFe
Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
Gym / Showers
A top of the line MacBook Pro
Free Parking (Burlington, MA office)
Aetna-sponsored refreshments, Friday lunches, etc.
Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
- Quality Management Nurse Supervisor (RN) Phoenix, Arizona
- Business Consultant Omaha, Nebraska, Nashville, Tennessee
- Workers Compensation RN Field Case Manager Registered Nurse Memphis, TN Memphis, Tennessee
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.