Senior Java Developer- 63687BRPrimary Location: Burlington, MA
Additional Locations: MA-Burlington Apply
A key part of the responsibility is to build an integrated platform that enables the delivery of products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness. We want you to be apart of the team that will build this next generation platform. Leveraging your expertise in Big Data, IoT, Native Cloud Engineering, Machine Learning and Deep Learning, you will join the product team that will deliver the platform that will disrupt the healthcare industry and improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people. Aetna Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the Aetna Enterprise. We want you to bring forward your talent and expertise to drive the change the is desperately needed within the healthcare industry.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
63687Fundamental Components: Background Experience: What we are looking for: We develop real products. You need to be an expert in design, coding and scripting. We prioritize professional industry experience; advanced degrees alone do not replace real world experience We have massive scale. You need to have experience in distributed, scalable systems. You've worked with modern data storage, messaging, and processing tools and demonstrated experience designing and coding in big-data components. We love to collaborate and help each other, and we want someone to share that ideology We are and need other self-starters who can see the big picture and prioritize their work to make the largest impact on the business and customers vision and requirements.
• You have excellent communication, leadership and collaboration skills
• 2-5 + years software development in enterprise/ web/ cloud applications.
• We run a multi-cloud platform. We containerize applications. You should have some notion of how to build, test, and deploy code to run on cloud infrastructure Fluent with functional, imperative and object-oriented languages and methodologies.
• Strong knowledge of programming languages/tools including: Java, Python, Spark, SQL, R, Hive, and Shell Scripts
• Familiar with Hadoop ecosystem - HDFS, Ranger, Atlas
• Must have experience with Unix/Linux systems with scripting experience
• Must have experience in open source programming languages for large scale data
• Exposure to data and code security (Encryption, SSL, Hashing, Masking) is an advantage
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science Engineering or Technology, Machine Learning, or related discipline. Additional Job Information: Dollar-for-dollar match up-to 6% of your 401(k) contributions!
Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
Gym / Showers
A top of the line MacBook Pro
Free Parking (Burlington, MA office)
Aetna-sponsored refreshments, Friday lunches, etc.
$200/yr towards wellness - gym membership, fitbit, treadmill
Up-to 5K a year toward tuition reimbursement
Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.