Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Senior Business AnalystPrimary Location: Burlington, Massachusetts
Additional Locations: MA-Burlington Apply
The IT Business Analyst will be accountable for defining, documenting and eliciting requirements for one or more Agile software development projects. The individual is responsible for partnering and collaborating with internal Subject Matter Experts and all stake holders to ensure we capture the requirements and document them to provide for the needed development and delivery of functions and features in our technology products.
- Document system requirements and functional specifications based upon internal and external customer needs.
- Critically evaluate information from multiple sources, decompose high-level information into detailed stories that help present a defined process flow/requirements for iterative development and testing.
- Participate in and/or facilitate the prioritization, sizing and business justification of future product enhancements.
- Lead and/or participate on internal and client project team meetings including Agile sprint teams.
- Work closely with the User Experience, Web Design, Front End and Back End Developers, Architects and key subject matter experts in defining and delivering solutions.
- Clarify requirements / user stories with Developers and QA Analysts to ensure a common understanding of project scope.
- Coordinate with developers, QA and project team members to triage and resolve issues.
- Escalate risks that will directly impact project timelines and deliverables to the Platform Manager.
- 5+ years Business Analyst experience.
- Must possess sound knowledge of Agile application development lifecycles and methodologies
- Must have experience using Use Case tools and requirements repositories such as Rally
- Ability to develop user stories that turn concepts into features, perform requirements gathering and writing appropriate documentation, which leads to successful feature development and timely project completion.
- Ability to recognize complex problems vs. objectives and apply creativity to analyze situations, develop solutions and procedures.
- Prior experience with DevSecOps processes and tooling for automation is preferred.
- Prior SalesForce experience is preferred.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Information Technology/ is desired
Healthcare Management/ is desired
Functional - Information Technology/Business architecture/1-3 Years
Functional - Information Technology/Application development/1-3 Years
General Business/Communicating for Impact/FOUNDATION
General Business/Applying Reasoned Judgment/ADVANCED
Technology/Justifying the Business Case/MASTERY
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
This is a fast paced developing area that is helping drive agile processes and automation tools within the organization while delivering quality technology based products to our business partners and customers.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.