Senior Android Developer ~65301BRPrimary Location: Burlington, MA
Additional Locations: MA-Burlington Apply
Aetna is taking on a major initiative to redesign and rebuild many of its customer facing digital assets. This effort will include a completely new approach to developing software within Aetna, using the latest design approaches, technologies, and processes. Aetna Digital is a newly formed startup like business unit within Aetna, which will design, build and deliver a completely new and integrated digital experience for our users.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
65301Fundamental Components: Aetna Digital is looking for a to join our team!
- 7+ years of modern software development frameworks that deliver world-class digital experiences for the consumer or enterprise spaces
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications to the Android market
- As a mobile developer, you'll collaborate on the development of complex systems; including requirements analysis, estimation, design and development, implementation and testing
- Strong desire to build in test from the start and TDD development experience a plus
- A desire to create awesome user experiences within the mobile space
- Direct product features and key technology choices
- Passion for technology and a high technical aptitude
- Enjoys the challenges associated with creating software for large audiences (millions)
- Promote proper implementation of Agile processes, techniques and principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 3+ years Native Android development
- Proficient with Java
- Kotlin experience is a plus
- Experience with multi-threading programming
- Familiarity with using Restful APIs
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience/knowledge with CI/CD
- Experience with Agile/ SAFe Software Development Principles
- Ability to take responsibility for the implementation, quality, and operation of large features, such as an epic-level story or multi-sprint feature
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Additional Job Information: Dollar-for-dollar match up-to 5% of your 401(k) contributions!
Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
Gym / Showers
A top of the line MacBook Pro
Free Parking (Burlington, MA office)
Aetna-sponsored refreshments, Friday lunches, etc.
Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.