Product DesignerPrimary Location: Burlington, Massachusetts
Additional Locations: MA-Burlington Apply
Come Join Aetna Digital!
Aetnas new digital product team, Aetna Digital, is pioneering a new way for users to manage their healthcare. This isn't your parents' health insurance. Were a nimble, startup-like team of hungry, quirky, and digitally-savvy product experts using the latest technology like biometrics, wearables, and more to usher in new and thoughtful experiences to the millions who rely on us to help them make decisions about their health.
But we need help! Were looking for a Product Designer to develop creative answers to complex design problems and help re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe for generations to come.
What Youll Do
- Be an integral part of the product lifecycle from start to finish
- Utilize the full range of your UX, interface, and visual design skills
- Develop user stories, flows, mental models, and other supporting, often quick-and-dirty user research when necessary
- Quickly prototype (Invision, Principle, Origami Studio, code: your choice) that express design intent
- Work across departments to understand product potential and limitations
- Work with Product Design leadership to help establish, nurture, and promote a scalable design system
- 3+ years bringing digital products to life
- Breathtaking aesthetic sense with sharp attention to detail
- Familiar with iOS, Android/Material Design, and web design best practices
- An insatiably curious spirit looking to learn
- Proficient in Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, Photoshop and a willingness to try new tools
- Familiar with user-centered design philosophies
- Ego-less and objective. You receive feedback well and can iterate on your designs within a team, no matter how attached to them you are
- Awareness of how cognitive sciences (especially those around habit creation and motivation) can be applied to digital interfaces to reduce health insurance stress while also helping people create healthier habits
- Solid understanding of tech and UIs relationship, their possibilities, and their limitations
Motion/animation experience using Principle, Framer, or other prototyping tools
Experience with git or other version control methods
Experience working in an agile/scrum environment; extra credit for SAFe experience
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Dollar-for-dollar match up-to 6% of your 401(k) contributions!
Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
Gym / Showers
A top of the line MacBook Pro
Free Parking (Burlington, MA office)
Aetna-sponsored refreshments, Friday lunches, etc.
$200/yr towards wellness - gym membership, fitbit, treadmill
Up-to 5K a year toward tuition reimbursement
Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.