Senior SW Engineer in Test (Big Data)Primary Location: Burlington, Massachusetts
Additional Locations: MA-Burlington Apply
Leveraging your expertise in Big Data, IoT, Native Cloud, Application Development, Machine Learning and Deep Learning, you will join a product team that is building disruptive cloud platform that will transform the healthcare industry and improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people.
Aetna Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the Aetna Enterprise. We want you to bring your talent and expertise to drive the change the is desperately needed within the healthcare industry.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
59719Fundamental Components: We're looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) with Java, Python, ETL, Scala and/or Spark experience to leverage data and IoT events from across the enterprise, the cloud and fog in order to transform it into products focused on supporting people to live healthier lives. In this role, you will use your experience with testing system integration, big data, streaming and cloud technologies to build our Health Cloud platform. One of the primary responsibilities for this position is to build an integrated platform that enables the delivery of products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness.
As a member of one of our scrum teams in Burlington, MA, you will work with cutting-edge applications/products and collaborate with fellow engineers to automate the testing of data products used improve the health outcomes of millions of people.
As a Senior SDET you will: Background Experience: · 2-5+ years of experience in the domain of quality engineering
· 2+ years software development/programming experience in enterprise/web/cloud or big data applications.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with Object-Oriented Languages - Java/Python
· Exposure to Big Data Tools – Hive, Spark, R – Is advantageous
· Experience writing test automation frameworks and methods
· Test automation skills in Web, API, and data feeds
· Understanding of Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
· Experience using CI/CD systems such as Jenkins
· Experience building highly automated test environments using virtual and cloud resources is strongly desired
· Experience with interacting and working closely with Product Owners, DevOps, and Software Engineering teams
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet commitments
· Experience with mission-critical, 24x7 systems
· Experience testing large-scale web services (RESTful APIs)
· Experience with virtualization and containers (Docker or similar)
· Ability to troubleshoot complex systems
· Understanding of Agile frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban and SAFe Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.