Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Principal Software Development Engineer (Java/Node) ~68478BRPrimary Location: Burlington, Massachusetts
Additional Locations: GA-Alpharetta, MA-Burlington, NY-New York Apply
Leveraging your expertise in Big Data, IoT, Native Cloud, Application Development, Machine Learning and Deep Learning, you will join a product team that is building disruptive cloud platform that will transform the healthcare industry and improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people. Aetna Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the Aetna Enterprise. We want you to bring your talent and expertise to drive the change the is desperately needed within the healthcare industry.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
68478Fundamental Components: Aetna Digital, part of CVS Health, is looking for a Principal (Lead) Software Development Engineer with Java, NodeJS, Microservices/Webservices development experience to help us leverage NextGen application development in Native/Hybrid Cloud environment for Healthcare Services innovations. This include ingest, transform, secure and deliver big data use cases into products focused on helping people live healthier lives.
In this role, you will use your experience in working on the latest big data and cloud development technologies involving cloud computing, security and encryption in the security industry in order to help us leverage data and IoT events at the core of a cloud native health care platform focused on helping people live healthier lives. You will be working as a member of one of our scrum teams in Burlington, MA.
You will work on cutting-edge applications and products, brainstorming with architects, product managers, data scientists and fellow engineers to build data products used improve the health outcomes of millions of people.
In this role you will be working on:
• Collaborate with the product management to understand and influence security requirements as they relate to data protection – application, infrastructure and data.
• Participate in identification of solution security options and features.
• Design and develop modules/plug-ins for application development using Java, NodeJS, Microservices/Webservices in a CI/CD enabled environment.
• Incorporate data and application architecture (e.g. infrastructure, network, controls) into conceptual designs.
• Establish frameworks for quickly rolling out new data analysis for standalone data-driven products and microservices using Java.
• Partner end-to-end with Product Managers and Data Scientists to understand customer requirements and design prototypes and bring ideas to production Background Experience: What we are looking for: We develop real products. You need to be an expert in design, coding and scripting. We prioritize professional industry experience; advanced degrees alone do not replace real world experience We have massive scale. You need to have experience in distributed, scalable systems. You've worked with modern data storage, messaging, and processing tools and demonstrated experience designing and coding in big-data components. We love to collaborate and help each other, and we want someone to share that ideology We are and need other self-starters who can see the big picture and prioritize their work to make the largest impact on the business and customers vision and requirements.
• You have excellent communication, leadership and collaboration skills
• 10-15 + years software development in enterprise/ web/ cloud applications.
• We run a multi-cloud platform. We containerize applications. You should have some notion of how to build, test, and deploy code to run on cloud infrastructure Fluent with functional, imperative and object-oriented languages and methodologies.
• Strong knowledge of programming languages/tools including: Java, Python, NodeJS, SQL, R, and Shell Scripts
• Must have experience with Unix/Linux systems with scripting experience
• Must have experience in open source programming languages for large scale data
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science Engineering or Technology, Machine Learning, or related discipline. Additional Job Information:
- Dollar-for-dollar match up-to 5% of your 401(k) contributions!
- Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
- Gym / Showers
- A top of the line MacBook Pro
- Sit/stand desk
- Free Parking (Burlington, MA office)
- Aetna-sponsored refreshments, Friday lunches, etc.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna, a CVS Health Company’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
- Analyst Chicago, Illinois
- Utilization Management Nurse Consultant King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, Bristol, Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, Richmond, Virginia, Roanoke, Virginia, Chantilly, Virginia, Washington D.C., District of Columbia, Hagerstown, Maryland, Rockville, Maryland, Cincinnati, Ohio, Richfield, Ohio, New Albany, Ohio, Allentown, Pennsylvania, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Recruiter Burlington, Massachusetts, Hartford, Connecticut
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.