Principal Front End Developer~58698BRPrimary Location: Burlington, MA
Additional Locations: MA-Burlington Apply
Aetna is taking on a major initiative to redesign and rebuild many of its customer facing digital assets. This effort will include a completely new approach to developing software within Aetna, using the latest design approaches, technologies, and processes. Aetna Digital is a newly formed startup like business unit within Aetna, which will design, build and deliver a completely new and integrated digital experience for our users.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
Aetna Digital is looking for a Principal Front-End Developer with experience working in fast-paced startup like environments. Aetna Digital is looking for talented software development professionals with deep technical backgrounds and experience building awesome user focused solutions. Experience working as part of a team is critical, with team leadership skills a plus. Aetna Digital is looking for developers who will drive forward innovation and help deliver cutting edge application solutions.
- Main Duties Ability to partner effectively with cross functional and cross organization teams
- Will mentor and help guide less senior developers
- Experience in modern development frameworks for all layers of development
- Participate in high-level T-Shirt sizing and bottoms up story estimation
- Technically curious to keep present on advances in technology
- Work with best of breed technologies (Cloud, high throughput event processing, data analytics, etc)
- Pride in authorship of code
- Experience in modern front end frameworks
- Test Driven Development experience and strong desire to build in test from the start.
- Write code (Test and Product) to deliver against project timelines, quality, and requirements in various selected languages.
- Conduct Unit, System, and Integration testing, fixing found issues
- Promote proper implementation of SAFe process techniques
- Responsive Web Design
- Angular experience with the desire to move to React
- Experience using and creating RESTful APIs.
- Experience/knowledge with CI/CD
- Experience with SAFe Software Development methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Coaching and training
- Ability to drive team-wide consensus toward adoption of new design and direction.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Dollar-for-dollar match up-to 6% of your 401(k) contributions!
Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
Gym / Showers
A top of the line MacBook Pro
Free Parking (Burlington, MA office)
Aetna-sponsored refreshments, Friday lunches, etc.
$200/yr towards wellness - gym membership, fitbit, treadmill
Up-to 5K a year toward tuition reimbursement
Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
58698Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10%
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.