Principal Cloud Engineer (Cloud Engineer) ~58695BRPrimary Location: Burlington, Massachusetts
Additional Locations: MA-Burlington Apply
Leveraging your expertise in Big Data, IoT, Native Cloud, Application Development, Machine Learning and Deep Learning, you will join a product team that is building disruptive cloud platform that will transform the healthcare industry and improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people. Aetna Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the Aetna Enterprise. We want you to bring your talent and expertise to drive the change the is desperately needed within the healthcare industry.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
As a growing provider of cloud-hosted software solutions, we are looking for a strong full stack cloud engineer to help build out and run our production environments as well as our build, test, and deployment infrastructure. This engineer will have strong cloud platform experience (preferably with either Google Cloud or Amazon Web Services) and will be responsible for automating operations, maintaining and supporting infrastructure, coding and scripting, as well as communicating and collaborating with our development teams. The ideal candidate would have experience deploying cloud native software that leverages the following or equivalent services: RDS, EC2, S3, Elastic Load Balancers, Cloud Formation, ECS, EKS, Lambda, Redshift, DynamoDB, and API Gateway.
Create the foundation CI/CD pipelines, process and automation that will enable development teams to deploy and maintain high performance levels, maximum uptime and the overall integrity of production systems
Responsible for escalation level incident response as needed to correct system failures
Provide advice, training and technical support across scrum teams
Identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation plans
Look for ways to harden environment and keep ahead of emerging threats
Participate in and contribute to the evaluation, design, installation and maintenance of network, systems and security systems
Participate in and contribute to risk management, business continuity management, policy review and compliance audits
Look for ways to improve and streamline processes and procedures
Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations
Operational database responsibilities: configuration, performance tuning, troubleshooting, backups, high availability etc.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned, maintain and support infrastructure for all environments.
Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test and production environments
- Working experience with serverless technologies in AWS, Google Cloud, MS Azure, or other widely used Cloud Platform.
- 5+ years working with Cloud Technologies
- Experience working with an Agile Development software team
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring tools (Splunk, AWS CloudWatch, etc.)
- Strong experience with NoSQL and SQL
- Strong experience with Linux environments
- Experience with Github (or) BitBucket, JIRA, Confluence
- Working understanding of container technologies such as Docker
- Strong experience with deployment management tools such as Puppet & Ansible
- Experience with Elastic, Logstash, Kibana (ELK stack) is a plus
- Strong experience with Continuous Integration Tools like Jenkins and Bamboo
- Experience with Terraform, Vagrant and Consul
- Experience with Kafka and other open-source messaging systems
- Strong understanding of the entire AWS Product and Service suite (EC2, S3, VPC, CloudFormation, RDS, Lambda, Redshift, EMR, SQS, SNS etc.) of products and their applicable use cases, best practices and implementation, and support considerations.
- Experience with web server technologies (Nginx, and/or Tomcat)
- Experience with management of cryptographic based solutions
- Experience with web security
- HIPAA experience a plus
- Working understanding of various code and scripting languages as needed for DevOps
- Familiarity with Node.js
- Ability to clearly document and communicate architectural concepts at multiple levels
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Dollar-for-dollar match up-to 6% of your 401(k) contributions!
Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
Gym / Showers
A top of the line MacBook Pro
Free Parking (Burlington, MA office)
Aetna-sponsored refreshments, Friday lunches, etc.
$200/yr towards wellness - gym membership, fitbit, treadmill
Up-to 5K a year toward tuition reimbursement
Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
58695Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.