Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Principal Big Data Engineer ~61837BRPrimary Location: Burlington, Massachusetts
Additional Locations: MA-Burlington Apply
Leveraging your expertise in Big Data, IoT, Native Cloud, Application Development, Machine Learning and Deep Learning, you will join a product team that is building disruptive cloud platform that will transform the healthcare industry and improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people. Aetna Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the Aetna Enterprise. We want you to bring your talent and expertise to drive the change the is desperately needed within the healthcare industry.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
61837Fundamental Components: Aetna Digital is looking for both Senior Software Big Data Engineers with Java, Python, ETL, Scala and/or Sparkexperience to help us leverage data and IoT events from across the enterprise and the cloud in order to transform it into products focused on helping people live healthier lives.
In this role, you will use your experience with system integration, Big Data, Streaming and Cloud technologies to build our Health based Cloud platform as a member of one of our scrum teams in Burlington, MA, Hartford, CT or Denver, CO. You will work on cutting-edge applications and products. Brainstorming with architects, product managers, data scientists and fellow engineers to build data products used improve the health outcomes of millions of people.
In this role you will be responsible for the:
- Design, implement, and support data ingestion and processing pipelines for enterprise-scale datasets, using Big Data tools, such as Hive, Pig, Spark, and Kafka
- Establish frameworks for quickly rolling out new dataset for standalone data-driven products and micro-services
- Model data and metadata to support persona based interactions as defined through interfacing with business customers, gathering requirements, and delivering solutions
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of, and ability to operationalize, leading data technologies and best practices
- Apply statistical and advanced techniques (e.g. segmentation, machine learning) to develop both prototypes and scalable (i.e. efficient, automated) data analysis
- Partner end-to-end with Product Managers and Data Scientists to understand customer requirements and design prototypes and bring ideas to production
What we are looking for:
- We develop real products. You need to be an expert in design, coding and scripting
- We prioritize professional industry experience; advanced degrees alone do not replace real world experience
- We have massive scale. You need to have experience in distributed, scalable systems. You've worked with modern data storage, messaging, and processing tools and demonstrated experience designing and coding in big-data components such as HBase or similar
- Were a growing, diverse team and we work together on delivering a Native Cloud Healthcare Platform. We love to collaborate and help each other, and we want someone to share that ideology
- We are and need other self-starters who can see the big picture and prioritize their work to make the largest impact on the business and customers vision and requirements
- You have excellent communication, leadership and collaboration skills
- 5 years software development in enterprise and cloud applications.
- We run a multi-cloud platform (AWS, GCP and Azure). We containerize applications via docker and use K8s for container orchestration. You should have some notion of how to build, test, and deploy code to run on cloud infrastructure, which is provisioned via Everything as Code
- Fluent with functional, imperative and object-oriented languages and methodologies
- Must have experience with Unix/Linux systems with scripting experience
- Must have experience building streaming data pipelines and fit for purpose data stores
- Must have experience in open source programming languages for large scale data ingestion and processing
- Experience with Hadoop and data in various forms (data warehouses/relational SQL, NoSQL, unstructured data environments/PIG, HIVE, Impala)
- Experience with OpenSource orchestration frameworks for workflow orchestration
- Experience with ELT/ETL and streaming data pipelines.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Additional Job Information: Dollar-for-dollar match up-to 6% of your 401(k) contributions!
Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
Gym / Showers
A top of the line MacBook Pro
Free Parking (Burlington, MA office)
Aetna-sponsored refreshments, Friday lunches, etc.
$200/yr towards wellness - gym membership, fitbit, treadmill
Up-to 5K a year toward tuition reimbursement
Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
- Customer Service Representative Jacksonville, Florida
- Senior Software Architect- Content Customization~62463BR Burlington, Massachusetts
- Customer Service Representative Columbia, South Carolina
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.