Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Manager , Software Engineering (Aetna Health) ~67470BRPrimary Location: Burlington, Massachusetts
Additional Locations: MA-Burlington Apply
Aetna is taking on a major initiative to redesign and rebuild many of its customer facing digital assets. This effort will include a completely new approach to developing software within Aetna, using the latest design approaches, technologies, and processes. Aetna Digital is a "startup like" business unit within Aetna, which will design, build and deliver a completely new and integrated digital experience for our users.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
67470Fundamental Components: Aetna Digital in Burlington, MA is looking for a Manager of Software Engineering with full stack web application development experience. You will have an opportunity to provide both leadership and technical expertise to drive the delivery of high quality software products. As a software leader you will use your skills to support, manage and mentor development professionals with deep technical backgrounds and experience building awesome user focused solutions. Your solid leadership experience and success is critical to support developers who will drive forward innovation and help deliver cutting edge application solutions.
- Manage software development direction, process, implementation, and resources efforts to meet the business priorities and goals
- Manage multiple scrum teams consisting of Web Client and Server developers
- Resolves technical and operational and team problems
- Responsible for performance reviews and working with the team members on their goal setting expectations, development plans and priorities
- Drive and support the organization initiatives including Agile, automated testing, continuous integration, continuous delivery and documentation
- Partner effectively with distributed cross functional and cross organization teams
- Work with architects, quality and product managers, user experience designer, release train engineer to deliver functionality on time and with quality
- Ability to understand big picture, while implementing at the detail level
- Work with product to understand the feature requirements to support and guide the technical team
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and deal with multiple priorities
- Bring energy and excitement to the team
- Promote proper implementation of SAFe process techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- 5+ years of technical lead and or managing software development teams, with emphasis and technical management
- Ability to drive team-wide consensus toward adoption of new design and direction
- 10+ years of experience with web application development
- The Technology Stack consists of : (node.js, Python, React, AngularJS, Android/iOS, messaging(i.e. AWS SNS/SQS, Rabbit MQ), etc.)
- Ability to understand complex distributed system/enterprise application concepts to drive the adoption of new technology and trends
- Ability to drive the adoption of new technology and trends.
- Ability to drive team-wide consensus toward adoption of new design and direction.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Additional Job Information: Dollar-for-dollar match up-to 5% of your 401(k) contributions!
Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
Gym / Showers
A top of the line MacBook Pro
Free Parking (Burlington, MA office)
Aetna-sponsored refreshments, Friday lunches, etc.
Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences
Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
- Network Manager/Contract Negotiator Portland, Maine, Burlington, Massachusetts, North Dartmouth, Massachusetts, Waltham, Massachusetts, Bedford, New Hampshire, Concord, New Hampshire, Stratham, New Hampshire
- General Mental Health/Substance Use Services Coordinator Phoenix, Arizona
- Sr. Sales Executive Falls Church, Virginia, Washington D.C., District of Columbia, Linthicum, Maryland
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.