Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Manager of Software Engineering (1st Line Manager) ~66205BRPrimary Location: Burlington, Massachusetts
Additional Locations: MA-Burlington Apply
Leveraging your expertise in Big Data, IoT, Native Cloud, Application Development, Machine Learning and Deep Learning, you will join a product team that is building disruptive cloud platform that will transform the healthcare industry and improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people. Aetna Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the Aetna Enterprise. We want you to bring your talent and expertise to drive the change the is desperately needed within the healthcare industry.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
66205Fundamental Components: Aetna Digital in Burlington, MA is looking for aManager of Software Engineering (1st Line Manager) with full stack web application development experience. This role will be responsible for managing local & remote (US based only) teams. You will have an opportunity to provide both leadership and technical expertise to drive the delivery of high quality software products. As a software leader you will use your skills to support, manage and mentor development professionals with deep technical backgrounds and experience building awesome user focused solutions. Your solid leadership experience and success is critical to support developers who will drive forward innovation and help deliver cutting edge application solutions.
- Lead with vision and strategy to build successful and energizing software engineering teams. Motivate and mentor developers to innovate and drive change
- Lead software development direction, process, implementation, and resources efforts to meet the business priorities and goals
- Lead multiple scrum teams consisting of Web Client and Server developers
- Resolves technical and operational and team problems
- Responsible for performance reviews and working with the team members on their goal setting expectations, development plans and priorities
- Drive and support the organization initiatives including Agile, automated testing, continuous integration, continuous delivery and documentation
- Partner effectively with distributed cross functional and cross organization teams
- Work with architects, quality and product managers, user experience designer, release train engineer to deliver functionality on time and with quality
- Ability to understand big picture, while implementing at the detail level
- Work with product to understand the feature requirements to support and guide the technical team
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and deal with multiple priorities
- Bring energy and excitement to the team
- Promote proper implementation of SAFe process techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Dollar-for-dollar match up-to 5% of your 401(k) contributions!
- Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
- Gym / Showers
- A top of the line MacBook Pro
- Sit/stand desk
- Free Parking (Burlington, MA office)
- Aetna-sponsored refreshments, Friday lunches, etc.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
- Utilization Management Nurse Consultant Bradenton, Florida, Boynton Beach, Florida, Casselberry, Florida, Fort Myers, Florida, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Orlando, Florida, Pensacola, Florida, Tampa, Florida
- Actuarial Manager Chicago, Illinois, Bethesda, Maryland, New York, New York, Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, Austin, Texas, Atlanta, Georgia, Concord, California, Hartford, Connecticut
- Event Coordinator / Administrative Support New York, New York
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.