Manager, Accessibility (A11y) - 63179BRPrimary Location: Burlington, MA
Additional Locations: MA-Burlington Apply
Aetna is taking on a major initiative to redesign and rebuild many of its customer facing digital assets. This effort will include a completely new approach to developing software within Aetna, using the latest design approaches, technologies, and processes. Aetna Digital is a newly formed startup like business unit within Aetna, which will design, build and deliver a completely new and integrated digital experience for our users.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
63179Fundamental Components: We're looking for an experienced Manager of Accessibility within the Design org (located in our Burlington, MA office) with a mastery of craft and a track record of delivering positive outcomes to consumers. You will be responsible for growing out a team of experts to help ensure that the experiences delivered by our design group are done with accessibility in mind. As a member of Aetna Digital Design, you'll join a team of multidisciplinary team of world class designers who are hard at work developing powerfully simple answers to complex design problems and who are helping re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe for generations to come.
- Be the advocate for accessible design and bring awareness & empathy to the greater org around the importance of accessible design.
- Recruit, hire and on-board a team of accessible experts in user experience responsible for elevating the a11y skills of the Design team.
- Work with the a11y team to build out processes and practices within Design, and delivery mechanisms to Product & Engineering.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering to help shape current feature development and influence future roadmap direction, bring the perspective of a11y.
- Leading teams through rapidly evolving, complex demands utilizing industry best a11y practices and patterns.
- Work with our Design System team to ensure our scalable design system is accessible.
- Inspire, mentors, provide day-to-day and career guidance to a team of accessible designers.
- Work across departments to understand product potential & limitations and apply the lens of a11y.
Background Experience: 10+ years bringing digital products to life;
5+ years of managing teams and working in a Product, Engineering & Design environment.
Subject-matter expert on iOS, Android/Material Design, and/or web design guidelines and best practices.
Subject-matter expert on a11y design guidelines, patterns and best practices.
An insatiably curious spirit looking to both lead and learn.
Demonstrable UX research, concepting and design skills with a strong portfolio.
Proficient in Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, Photoshop and a willingness to try new tools.
Strong understanding of user-centered design philosophies and an awareness of how to carefully bend it.
Ability to present, defend, and evangelize design ideas with various stakeholders and teams.
Experience working in an agile/scrum environment
Attention to detail is a must!
And so is passion, energy, creativity and drive!
Experience with git or other version control methods.
Extra credit for SAFe experience.
Bachelors Degree Additional Job Information: Dollar-for-dollar match up-to 6% of your 401(k) contributions!
Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
Gym / Showers
A top of the line MacBook Pro
Free Parking (Burlington, MA office)
Aetna-sponsored refreshments, Friday lunches, etc.
$200/yr towards wellness - gym membership, fitbit, treadmill
Up-to 5K a year toward tuition reimbursement
Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information:
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.