Lead Data Engineer - Spark/ Cassandra - 55370BRPrimary Location: Burlington, Massachusetts
Additional Locations: MA-Burlington Apply
Aetnas mandate is to transform health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and best-in-class experience. This team is responsible for Aetna's digital transformation and all digital products; as well as the development and execution of the digital roadmap. A key part of the responsibility is to build an integrated platform that enables the delivery of products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness. We want you to be apart of the team that will build this next generation platform.
Leveraging your expertise in Big Data, IoT, Native Cloud, Application Development, Machine Learning and Deep Learning, you will join a product team that is building disruptive cloud platform that will transform the healthcare industry and improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people. Aetna Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the Aetna Enterprise. We want you to bring your talent and expertise to drive the change the is desperately needed within the healthcare industry.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
We are looking for Lead Data Engineer (Cassandra/Spark) to join our team in Burlington, MA.
Analyzes, defines and develops the overall data objects and services that will be leveraged within the platform. Lead the data analysis and design sessions, working closely with the engineering teams, to appropriately define the target data models and the associated object structures that will be leveraged by transactional platforms as well as advanced analytical solutions. Ideal candidate will have 9+ years working with complex datasets with strong understanding on how data should be optimized within transactional and big data architectures. Additionally candidate should have demonstrated proficiency in current state Open Source based data frameworks, such as Spark or Graph technologies.
The candidate should demonstrate ability to remove problems and overcome roadblocks during the project. The candidate should also have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Design and implement complex data objects leveraging to accelerator our digital transformation healthcare platform.
- Based on product features and long term objects, properly design a flexible data layer than can incrementally evolve over time, leveraging design best practices, your knowledge of healthcare and current technologies to achieve the result.
- Engineer data structures using technologies such as Graph Database technologies, demonstrating both data relationship concepts as well as implementation approaches
- Collaborates with advanced analytics and application teams to transform data as required to support the solutions
- Uses knowledge in Hadoop architecture and cloud technology architectures to determine optimized solution data structures
- Uses strong programming skills to assist in the data analysis and discover of the source data
- Assists in Integrates data from a variety of sources, assuring that they adhere to data quality and accessibility standards.
- Analyzes current information technology environments to identify and assess critical capabilities and recommend solutions.
- Experiments with available tools and advises on new tools in order to determine optimal solution given the requirements dictated by the model/use case.
- 10 or more years of progressively complex related experience.
- 5 or more years in a hands on data architecture role, responsible for both the design and engineering (coding) of the solution
- 3 or more years working in open source data frameworks, such as Spark and Spark Streaming(or other streaming tools)
- 3 or more years working with technologies such as Hive, Cassandra, Pig
- 2 or more years working with Graph database technologies, specifically coding in either Gremlin or Cypher
- 1 or more years experience developing solutions hosted within public cloud providers and leveraging container based technologies
- Expert experience leading and mentoring teams in Big Data Technologies
- Has strong knowledge of large scale search applications and building high volume data pipelines.
- Multiple years of experience delivery solutions through an Agile delivery methodology
- Expert knowledge of data modeling and understanding of different data structures and their benefits and limitations under particular use cases
- Ability to understand complex systems and solve challenging analytical problems.
- Ability to leverage multiple tools and programming languages to analyze and manipulate data sets from disparate data sources.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills within and across teams.
- Strong problem solving skills and critical thinking ability.
- Experience in the healthcare industry
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Dollar-for-dollar match up-to 6% of your 401(k) contributions!
Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
Gym / Showers
A top of the line MacBook Pro
Free Parking (Burlington, MA office)
Aetna-sponsored refreshments, Friday lunches, etc.
$200/yr towards wellness - gym membership, fitbit, treadmill
Up-to 5K a year toward tuition reimbursement
Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.