Java Engineer~61612BRPrimary Location: Burlington, MA
Additional Locations: MA-Burlington Apply
A key part of the responsibility is to build an integrated platform that enables the delivery of products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness. We want you to be apart of the team that will build this next generation platform. Leveraging your expertise in Big Data, IoT, Native Cloud Engineering, Machine Learning and Deep Learning, you will join the product team that will deliver the platform that will disrupt the healthcare industry and improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people. Aetna Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the Aetna Enterprise. We want you to bring forward your talent and expertise to drive the change the is desperately needed within the healthcare industry.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
61612Fundamental Components: Aetna Digital, part of CVS Health, is looking for a Java Engineer with Java, Scala and/or Spark experience to help us leverage data management and protection from across the enterprise, the cloud and fog in order to ingest, transform, secure and deliver big data use cases into products focused on helping people live healthier lives.
In this role, you will use your experience in working on the latest big data technologies involving Hadoop, cloud computing, security and encryption in the security industry in order to help us leverage data and IoT events at the core of a cloud native health care platform focused on helping people live healthier lives. You will be working as a member of one of our scrum teams in Burlington, MA, Hartford, CT or New York, NY.
You will work on cutting-edge applications and products, brainstorming with architects, product managers, data scientists and fellow engineers to build data products used improve the health outcomes of millions of people.
In this role you will be working on:
- Collaborate with the product management to understand and influence security requirements as they relate to data protection – application, infrastructure and data.
- Participate in identification of solution security options and features
- Incorporate data security architecture (e.g. infrastructure, network, controls) into conceptual designs
- Develop and support encryption, protection and storing enterprise-scale datasets, using big data tools, such as Hive, Pig, Spark & Kafka.
- Establish frameworks for quickly rolling out new data analysis for standalone data-driven products and micro-services.
- Partner end-to-end with Product Managers and Data Scientists to understand customer requirements and design prototypes and bring ideas to production
- You have excellent communication, leadership and collaboration skills
- 2-5 years software development in enterprise/ web/ cloud applications.
- We run a multi-cloud platform. We containerize applications. You should have some notion of how to build, test, and deploy code to run on cloud infrastructure. Knowledge of functional, imperative and object-oriented languages and methodologies.
- Knowledge of programming languages/tools including: Java, Python, Spark, SQL, R, Hive, and Shell Scripts
- Familiar with Hadoop ecosystem - HDFS, Ranger, Atlas
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems with scripting experience
- Experience in open source programming languages for large scale data
- Exposure to data and code security (Encryption, SSL, Hashing, Masking) is an advantage
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science Engineering or Technology, Machine Learning, or related discipline.
Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
A top of the line MacBook Pro
Aetna-sponsored refreshments, Friday lunches, etc.
$200/yr towards wellness - gym membership, fitbit, treadmill
Up-to 5K a year toward tuition reimbursement
Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.