Director, Client ArchitecturePrimary Location: Burlington, Massachusetts
Additional Locations: MA-Burlington Apply
Aetna's mandate is to transform health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and best-in-class experience. This team is responsible for Aetnas digital transformation and all digital products; as well as the development and execution of the digital roadmap. A key part of the responsibility is to build an integrated platform that enables the delivery of products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness. We want you to be apart of the team that will build this next generation platform.
Leveraging your expertise in Big Data, IoT, Native Cloud, Application Development, Machine Learning and Deep Learning, you will join a product team that is building disruptive cloud platform that will transform the healthcare industry and improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people. Aetna Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the Aetna Enterprise. We want you to bring your talent and expertise to drive the change the is desperately needed within the healthcare industry.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
Aetna Digital is looking for a motivated, accomplished Director of Client Architecture with deep technical expertise in designing, building and delivering complex software architecture. You will be responsible for guiding, coaching, and managing architects responsible for our customer facing platforms. This role will require EXCELLENT coalition building skills, solid technical knowledge, great communications skills, and the ability to understand the big picture
- Lead & guide a team of highly advanced technical architects to work with stakeholders, including business, product, and UX team members to influence the application architecture and design.
- 10+ years of modern front-end development experience (native mobile and web). Familiar with current technologies & trends.
- Experience w/ full-stack and/or backend development also preferred.
- Ability to coordinate the architectural growth and development across several scrum teams for the iOS, Android and Web platforms.
- Self-motivated, seeking out opportunities to move the application, it's design and architecture forward based on projected features and roadmap visions.
- Work with senior leadership as a representative of Aetna Digital in other technical business areas within Aetna in architectural decision making.
- Understand the "big picture" and guide your team to defining architectural solutions that solve the business needs
- Understand and implement appropriate processes to support the architecture team and the needs of the organization and business
- Work with senior management on strategy and direction
- Participate in high-level architectural discussions
15+ years recent and related experience in systems architecture methodologies rich understanding of architectural and design patterns
- 7+ years of people management experience
- Track record of leading, mentoring, and attracting architects by building a collaborative architecture approach in an Agile organization
- Passion for continuous learning in a way that keeps the company on the "leading edge"
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates initiative and drive; self-motivated, organized, and detail oriented; creative and analytical
- Experience working across multiple business units and fostering product and program unity
- Experience in Agile development methodology
- Experience in AWS and other cloud environments and services
- Experience with SAFe Software Development Principles a plus
Dollar-for-dollar match up-to 6% of your 401(k) contributions!
Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
Gym / Showers
A top of the line MacBook Pro
Free Parking (Burlington, MA office)
Aetna-sponsored refreshments, Friday lunches, etc.
$200/yr towards wellness - gym membership, fitbit, treadmill
Up-to 5K a year toward tuition reimbursement
Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.