Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
DevOps Engineer - 69468BRPrimary Location: Burlington, Massachusetts
Additional Locations: MA-Burlington Apply
Leveraging your expertise in Big Data, IoT, Native Cloud, Application Development, Machine Learning and Deep Learning, you will join a product team that is building disruptive cloud platform that will transform the healthcare industry and improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people. Aetna Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the Aetna Enterprise. We want you to bring your talent and expertise to drive the change the is desperately needed within the healthcare industry.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
69468Fundamental Components: Aetna Digital is looking for a DevOps Engineer with a strong passion to automate all the things and have fun doing it. In this role, you’ll be working closely with several other engineering groups to help them deliver amazing product experiences to market faster, while keeping quality, security, and compliance in mind. Iterating on highly available, scalable, fault tolerant infrastructure and tools that the business relies on 24/7 is what drives us every day.
Our team is small and nimble, with a culture focused on moving the needle forward through collaborative development, constant learning, and having a great attitude working on and with complex systems. We enjoy dry humor as much as DRY engineering principles. The developer experience is baked into our DNA, and everything we do is in service to our internal end users and our external customers.
Being at the forefront of the DevOps movement here at Aetna Digital, we’re paving the way for the organization to step out of their comfort zone, cross pollinate their skills, and have an open mind about what it means to be people first and technology second.
Come join us as we reshape the future of healthcare!
What you’ll be doing:
• Developing, deploying, and maintaining tools built from the ground up in support of self-service, quality, security, and compliance initiatives, written in Python and Go.
• Assisting engineering teams using our tools in implementing their own automated pipelines, deploying services to Kubernetes, ECS, and Fargate.
• Maintaining and hardening processes and capabilities integrated in the pipeline, shared across multiple engineering groups.
• Collaborating with product, architecture, and engineering groups to build a self-sustaining healthcare platform.
• Participating in metrics gathering, monitoring, and alerting activities, as well as on-call rotations, with tools such as New Relic, Sumo Logic, CloudWatch, and OpsGenie.
• Solving new problems with modern technologies. Background Experience: What you bring to the table:
• One Plus year with a proven track record of providing self-service to engineers through Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and cloud automation principles.
• Experience creating tools and process to automate end-to-end development pipelines, from inception to production, via CI/CD best practices.
• Obsession with weaving monitoring, logging, and alerting into everything we build.
• Quality and security conscious when implementing solutions.
• Ability to debug complicated issues in collaboration with engineering.
• Excitement learning from and helping mentor other members of the team as well as across the organization.
• Mastered the art of confident humility, remaining open to feedback and ready to take calculated risks to reach yours and your team’s goals.
• Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience automating front-end and micro services CI/CD pipelines through CircleCI, Jenkins, and Harness/Spinnaker.
• Experience running production workloads on AWS and GCP.
• Understanding of application and platform developer needs and experiences.
• Experience with Terraform and CloudFormation.
• Experience developing full stack micro services, with a heavy interest in helping other engineers achieve the same career goal.
• Experience administrating technologies at scale such as Kafka, ElasticSearch, Postgres, Redis, and Nexus Repository Pro.
• Experience working in an environment using Scrum, Kanban, or SAFe agile frameworks.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Additional Job Information:
- Dollar-for-dollar match up-to 5% of your 401(k) contributions!
- Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
- Gym / Showers
- A top of the line MacBook Pro
- Sit/stand desk
- Free Parking (Burlington, MA office)
- Aetna-sponsored refreshments, Friday lunches, etc.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna, a CVS Health Company’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.