Sr Government Relations Specialist - 65326BRPrimary Location: Boston, MA
Additional Locations: MA-Boston Apply
65326Fundamental Components: Ideal candidate will be responsible for:
*Directing and overseeing Government Relations/Regulatory Relations including working with federal or state government agencies and lobbying those entities.
*Demonstrating familiarity with state legislative and regulatory processes and politics.
*Developing and maintaining effective relationships with state officials, legislators, regulators, associations and other groups important to advocacy efforts.
*Negotiating legislative, regulatory and public policy positions in adversarial situations and representing a *Company before specific State legislatures and high level regulators.
*Assisting with business development on State procurements for assigned region/states as they pertain to Medicaid and the Public Sector.
*Addressing critical matters related to the legislative and regulatory environment, including rate and product issues related to commercial insurance, Medicaid, State budget and appropriations matters.
*Providing government relations/regulatory relations support to designated client areas and/or within major area(s) of expertise.
*Strong skills in analyzing, understanding and translating complex legislative, regulatory and policy issues in order to advise on pending legislation, regulations, changes in key government policy and other government relations matters pertinent to the Company.
*Partnering and leveraging outside counsel and external resources/relationships with stakeholder groups that will both promote Aetna’s business expertise and presence.
*Ability to travel over 50% of the time during peak legislative sessions. Highly preferred to be local to MA, can work from home or in local offices to MA.
- Seven years of experience in government affairs including working in federal or state government and or lobbying those entities.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required.
- Preference to multi-state experience in healthcare industry.
- An understanding of general business, pharmacy, retail, pharmacy benefit management, insurance or healthcare issues.
- Ability to handle several complex and difficult projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Proven, effective oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a variety of Company management, retained counsel, legislators and other elected/appointed officials, regulators, staff of trade associations and other key stakeholders.
- Ability to manage contract lobbyists
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.