Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Full-Stack Senior Software Engineer~(CVS Digital) 65898BRPrimary Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Additional Locations: MA-Boston Apply
Come Join Aetna Digital! (A CVS Health Company)
65898Fundamental Components: We are looking for team members who are passionate about solving problems through innovation, software architecture, and software engineering practices. We require someone who can apply knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, while collaborating effectively with stakeholders and extended team members. Collaboration is key, attitude is prime.
You are a highly skilled software engineer who is comfortable with both front and back end programming. As a Senior Software Engineer(Full Stack) you will be responsible for architecting, developing, scaling and deploying software solutions, on premise and on the cloud, covering a wide range of technologies, with a specific focus on solution scalability and security of customer data. The role of the Senior Software Engineer is to build high-quality, innovative and performance software that complies with design and coding standards. Background Experience: Required Qualifications
• 5+ years proven work experience as a Software Engineer with advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
• 4+ years developing in modern programming languages - Node js, Java, or Python
• 4+ years experience in relational databases, NoSQL, or cloud datastores
• Experience developing interactive web applications
• Experience with development toolsets, integration and deployment tools, and testing automation tools
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that requires a blend of innovation and speed of execution
• Ability to understand problems, break them down into hypotheses and propose solutions in a clear manner
• Ability to crisply document design and implementation details
• Willing to work as a team and has the right attitude to work as a part of a large organization
• Experience in developing and deploying scalable cloud-based systems with one or more cloud technologies - Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Microsoft Azure
• Experience on a minimum of two Agile/Scrum product teams is a plus
• Experience in the health-care industry is a plus
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field required.
It’s a new day in health care. Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.