Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Cyber Threat Fusion Center Engineer - 64179BRPrimary Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, MA-Boston Apply
As a Sr. Security Engineer working at the Cyber Threat Fusion Center, you will be responsible for the identification and tracking of potential security incidents across the entire enterprise. The Sr. Security Engineer is essential, as you are part of the first line of defense for CVS Health’s Information Security. The Sr. Security Engineer is responsible for monitoring and responding to security event alerts by performing log analysis investigations.
64179Fundamental Components: Additional responsibilities of the Sr Security Engineer may include:
- Performing inbound security event analysis in an industry-leading SIEM to investigate and respond to security incidents, as well as to identify tuning, use case, automation, process improvement, and content development opportunities
- Identifying cyber security processes that can be improved through automation, and then working collaboratively with network security, engineering, product & infrastructure teams to build automated tasks for security appliances via API calls that leads to practical process improvements and improves overall security effectiveness
- Developing vetting utilities for third party intelligence, and creating intelligence enrichment automation for a SIEM or SOAR/scripting platform
- Handle cloud-based security incidents from identification through containment, eradication, recovery, and reporting
- Researching new security technologies and their applications to SIEM, SOAR, and cloud environments
- Creating thorough Use Case, Playbook, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and training documentation
- Mentor and teach junior and mid-level analysts
- 5+ years of IT experience
- 3+ years of Cyber Security experience
- 1+ years of experience and knowledge of three or more of the following security-related technologies in a professional or academic setting: Intrusion Prevention Systems, Security Automation Orchestration, Cloud Security, SIEM, EUBA, Web Proxies, Firewalls, Web application scanners, Sandboxes, Scripting, Vulnerability Scanners, Malware Research Tools or Forensics Tools
- Prior SOC or Cyber Security Analyst experience in a SIEM oriented team
- Knowledge of cloud computing and cloud technologies
- Scripting or development experience, with a strong understanding of Python and PEP 8 standards.
- Possess the ability to take the lead on investigative analysis and incident research
- One or more certifications, including but not limited to Network+, Security+, CySA+, CCSP, CCSK, GCIH, GCIA, GCFE, GREM, GCFA, GSEC, CEH, CISSP, SplunkES Admin, AWS, Microsoft Azure Security Engineer or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of networking concepts & protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of operating system architecture (Windows, UNIX, Linux)
- SOAR - Security Orchestration Automation Response scripting via a platform like Swimlane, Phantom, or Demisto
- SIEM Content creation, development & tuning, via a platform like Qradar, SplunkES, or ArcSight ESM
- Cloud Security, as it relates to monitoring for and investigating cloud security incidents
An ideal candidate is detail-oriented, has an interest in automation, continual process improvement, emerging cyber security trends, and strong communication skills. Required Skills: General Business - Applying Reasoned Judgment, Leadership - Collaborating for Results, Technology - Leveraging Technology Desired Skills: General Business - Communicating for Impact, Leadership - Creating Accountability Functional Skills: Information Technology - Security Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.