At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we’re pioneering a total approach to health and wellness, focusing on the whole person - body, mind, and spirit. Our more than 4,000 nurses are central to turning our member’s health ambitions, big and small, into achievements. Your role will include helping members stay well, manage health conditions, and access the right care at the right time. As you do this, we’ll support you in achieving more in your life and your work.
What makes a successful nurse? Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Problem Solver
- Results Driven
- Technology Savvy
- Detail Oriented
- Good Listener
- Open Minded
- Team Player
Paid Time Off & Disability
Utilization Management Nurse Consultant (RN)Primary Location: Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
Additional Locations: PA-Blue Bell Apply
Standard business hours are required Monday-Friday with occasional on call coverage required about 3 times per year.
Utilizes clinical skills to coordinate, document and communicate all aspects of the utilization/benefit management program. Requires an RN with unrestricted active license.
68308Fundamental Components: - Utilizes clinical experience and skills in a collaborative process to assess, plan, implement, coordinate, monitor and evaluate options to facilitate appropriate healthcare services/benefits for members
- Gathers clinical information and applies the appropriate clinical criteria/guideline, policy, procedure and clinical judgment to render coverage determination/recommendation along the continuum of care
- Communicates with providers and other parties to facilitate care/treatment Identifies members for referral opportunities to integrate with other products, services and/or programs Identifies opportunities to promote quality effectiveness of Healthcare Services and benefit utilization
- Consults and lends expertise to other internal and external constituents in the coordination and administration of the utilization/benefit management function.
- Application of critical thinking and demonstrated ability to interpret complex information and take appropriate action. Background Experience: - RN with current unrestricted state licensure required
- 3+ years of clinical experience required
- 2+ years of utilization management experience required
- Managed Care experience preferred
- Must be able to demonstrate reliability, flexibility and have capabilities to work independently in production and metrics driven environment. Additional Job Information: Typical office working environment with productivity and quality expectationsWork requires the ability to perform close inspection of hand written and computer generated documents as well as a PC monitor.Sedentary work involving periods of sitting, talking, listening. Work requires sitting for extended periods, talking on the telephone and typing on the computer.Ability to multitask, prioritize and effectively adapt to a fast paced changing environmentPosition requires proficiency with computer skills which includes navigating multiple systems and keyboardingEffective communication skills, both verbal and written. Required Skills: General Business - Applying Reasoned Judgment, General Business - Communicating for Impact, General Business - Demonstrating Business and Industry Acumen Desired Skills: General Business - Turning Data into Information, Service - Creating a Differentiated Service Experience, Service - Working Across Boundaries Functional Skills: Clinical / Medical - Precertification, Nursing - Concurrent Review/discharge planning, Nursing - Medical-Surgical Care Technology Experience: Desktop Tool - Microsoft Outlook, Desktop Tool - Microsoft Word, Desktop Tool - TE Microsoft Excel Education: Nursing - Registered Nurse Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company Leadership
Meet the Aetna, a CVS Health Company executives who are helping to transform health care locally, nationally, and around the globe
Take a Look
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
- Data Scientist Wellesley, Massachusetts
- Senior Director, Digital Product Management / Marketing Technology Wellesley, Massachusetts
- Hadoop Engineer Dallas, Texas, Hartford, Connecticut
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.