Dental/Vision Underwriting is seeking an Underwriting Consultant for its National Accounts team to support Aetna's ability to achieve its financial and strategic goals for the Dental and Vision products. Underwriting support will primarily include effectively identifying, evaluating, and managing risk in order to maximize revenue, membership and earnings.
- Completes accurate analysis and risk assessment to produce sound financial offers in a timely manner.
- Evaluated specific strategic options and opportunities to make recommendations and suggest alternatives.
- Negotiates and explains rate development, pricing components and application of underwriting policies while remaining conscious of financial objectives.
- Communicates technical concepts to internal and external constituents.
- Develops financial exhibits and documentation than enhance delivery.
- Handles casework and issues using knowledge of Aetna's products/services and underwriting protocols.
- Collaborates and shares information cross-functionally.
- Focuses on quality while completing internal processes.
- 3-5 years of Medical, Dental or Vision underwriting experience or equivalent work experience.
- Strongly prefer experience with groups of 300+ subscribers, using experience-rating and self-funded pricing.
- Strong math aptitude, analytical/critical thinking, and decision making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with Sales, customers, and consultants.
- Ability to anticipate customer needs and negotiate using tact and diplomacy.
- Good PC skills and ability to create spreadsheets.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, team environment and be adaptable.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Associate's degree or equivalent experience.
Functional - Underwriting/Pricing methodologies (manual, experience, blended, alternate, etc.)/3-5 Years
Functional - Underwriting/Financial arrangements/3-5 Years
Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft Outlook/1-3 Years/End User
Technical - Desktop Tools/TE Microsoft Excel/1-3 Years/End User
Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft Word/1-3 Years/End User
Finance/Delivering Profit and Performance/FOUNDATION
General Business/Demonstrating Business and Industry Acumen/FOUNDATION
Service/Providing Solutions to Constituent Needs/ADVANCED
Option for telework will be evaluated after initial training and some period of employment.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates’ data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.