At Aetna, we’re pioneering a total approach to health and wellness. As an underwriter, you’ll provide valuable, ongoing financial insights for corporate clients and determine accurate and competitive rates and fees for new and renewal business. We’ll count on you to negotiate rates that meet our customer’s financial needs while delivering high-quality products, claims projections, funding evaluations and financial accounting packages. And we’ll support you in achieving more in your life and your work.
What makes a successful underwriter? Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Problem Solver
Paid Time Off & Disability
Underwriting AssociatePrimary Location: Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
Additional Locations: PA-Blue Bell Apply
Support Aetna's ability to achieve its financial and strategic goals through effective dental and vision underwriting. Underwriting support primarily includes identifying, evaluating, and managing risk in order to maximize revenue, membership and earnings.
- Calculate dental and vision quotes for potential Aetna clients, and produce renewals for established Aetna clients.
- Under general supervision, make recommendations for plan changes and rate impact based on financial analysis, underwriting principles, and business strategy.
- Use rating/financial tools, reference materials, and source systems for premium, membership, and claim information.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and be a voice for change in our continuous improvement culture.
- Entry level position for Dental and Vision Underwriting,
- Demonstrated knowledge of rating and/or accounting and underwriting concepts.
- Demonstrated analytical and independent thinking skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with internal and external constituents.
- Ability to use standard corporate software packages and corporate applications.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft Word/1-3 Years/End User
- Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft Outlook/1-3 Years/End User
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
- Tele-Medicine Assistant (vHealth) Dubai
- Sr Data Scientist Hartford, Connecticut, Wellesley, Massachusetts, New York, New York
- Health Care Quality Management Project Lead Hartford, Connecticut, Phoenix, Arizona, Los Angeles, California, San Francisco, California, Denver, Colorado, Jacksonville, Florida, Tampa, Florida, Chicago, Illinois, New York, New York, Cincinnati, Ohio, Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, Dallas, Texas
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.