Sr. Informatics ManagerPrimary Location: Blue Bell, PA
Additional Locations: PA-Blue Bell Apply
- Oversees applied statistical research and custom analysis of integrated healthcare data.
- Stays informed about industry trends, research findings, and evaluation methods.
- Anticipates and recognizes matters that effect ability to create valid measures, reports and analyses and take appropriate action to reduce bias.
- Formulates department strategy and vision.
- Develops and participates in presentations and consultations to existing and prospective constituents on information services, capabilities and performance results.
- Drives the overall design or methodology of tactical and strategic solutions that satisfy information needs across products, segments and clients.
- Participates in the development of data reports and/or products that will enhance the retention of current market share and attract new business by demonstrating cost containment and quality initiatives.
- Proactively builds and maintains internal and external key relationships.
- Provides leadership in negotiation and influencing sound business decisions based on data, results and information derived from industry trends, research findings, and Aetna-specific reports and analyses
- Directs the development and delivery of analytical solutions in support of healthcare business initiatives that drive the short and long-term objectives of Aetna.
- Performs or manages the application of research and develops statistical models that answer research and business questions for internal and external clients.
- Provides thought leadership and direction for analytic solutions, tools and studies Manages projects, people, customer expectations and business priorities to achieve constituent satisfaction.
- Responsible for team commitments to quality and on-time deliverables. Motivates, understands, and probes into technical details and mentors his/her direct reports to do the same.
- Manages and builds a strong team of managers and individual contributors through formal training, diverse assignments, coaching, mentoring and other development techniques.
- Contributes to a motivated work environment by working effectively to achieve common goals.
- Participates on work groups/ forums representing Aetna to external constituents.
- Receives general direction Informatics Head and is competent to work at the highest level of all aspects of data analyses and presentation.
- Assists in all phases of team leadership and performs management functions; may perform some management functions in the absence of the Informatics Head.
- Strong reporting skills using Excel, Access, Word and/or PowerPoint.
- Deep knowledge of health care industry, policy, research design, univariate and multivariate statistical analyses, predictive modeling, case-mix and risk adjustment methods and tools.
- Experience in working in a data warehouse environment as well as the ability to work with large data sets from multiple data sources.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and negotiate across the business and in the external health care environment.10 or more years of healthcare, health insurance, or pharmaceutical industry analytic experience.
- Ability to communicate statistical and technical ideas and results to non-technical clients in written and verbal form.
- Ability to perform and manage multiple activities and changing priorities.
- Master's degree in relevant field with healthcare analytic experience; or Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field with extensive healthcare analytic experience.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.