Sr Analytics ConsultantPrimary Location: Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
Additional Locations: DC-Washington, MD-Bethesda, PA-Blue Bell, PA-Philadelphia, PA-Pittsburgh Apply
Plan Sponsor Insights (PSI) is searching for an experienced customer-facing analyst that uses data from various sources to understand a customers health plan performance, how programs and strategies have influenced that performance, and ultimately provide solutions and strategies to the customer in a consultative manner.
The primary responsibility within this position is to interpret, analyze and provide strategies related to the overall plan results for a customer. Results may include things such as medical cost, pharmacy cost, clinical programs, population health and disability. This role will require preparing healthcare cost and population health analytics as well as creating reports or presentations as necessary. The analyst will need to be able to articulate results to a wide range of audiences including customers and consultants and must be able to present complex information in a compelling format and manner. The individual in this position may conduct weekly and monthly analytic reviews with a cross functional team and must be able to meet multiple deadlines in a fast paced environment.
The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of the healthcare industry including benefit plans, medical management programs, population health and incentive strategies. The candidate must have strong technical and communication skills and be able to work in a face-paced environment and handle multiple priorities. They must maintain up-to-date knowledge of external/industry trends.
- Business/Industry Knowledge: Minimum of 7-10 years of industry experience interpreting/analyzing all aspects of a customers experience (financial results, medical management results, population health, effectiveness of incentive/wellness strategies, etc.). Experience must include using data across the spectrum of a customers products/results to tell the story, connect the dots between various strategies and results and ultimately identify, value and communicate areas of opportunity. Must have strong knowledge of claim coding (CPT/DRG, etc.), provider networks, benefit designs, healthcare products/funding, medical management programs and financial acumen.
- Strong communication skills. Able to articulate (verbally and written) complex business results, issues and strategies in a clear, concise and confident manner to all levels and positions of an organization (internal and external).
- Relationship management: Demonstrated relationship management skills at the senior level; capacity to quickly build and maintain credible relationships at varying levels of the organization simultaneously.
- Strategic Thinking: Must have demonstrated ability to think strategically in an independent manner and out of the box versus accepting the status quo.
- Technical Skills: Strong technical skills in all Microsoft Office Applications is required with advanced proficiency in Access and Excel preferred. Experience with reporting/analytic applications is preferred with knowledge of SAS programming a plus.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Functional - Information Management/Medical economics/7-10 Years
Functional - Finance/Financial analysis/7-10 Years
Functional - Finance/Financial reporting and analysis/7-10 Years
Technical - Database/Microsoft Access/7-10 Years/Power User
Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft PowerPoint/7-10 Years/Power User
Technical - Reporting Tools/SAS/4-6 Years/End User
General Business/Communicating for Impact/MASTERY
General Business/Consulting for Solutions/ADVANCED
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
58453Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 10 - 25%
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.