Senior Coding Quality AuditorPrimary Location: Allentown, PA
Additional Locations: MD-Baltimore, NY-New York, PA-Allentown, PA-Bethlehem, PA-Blue Bell, PA-Moon township, PA-Philadelphia, PA-Pittsburgh Apply
- Responsible for performing audits of medical records to ensure the ICD-10 codes that are submitted to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for the Risk Adjustment Payment System (RAPS) are appropriate, accurate, and supported by clinical documentation in accordance with all State and Federal regulations and internal policies and procedures.
- Leads dispute resolutions.
- Performs audits of medical records to ensure all assigned ICD-10 codes are accurate and supported by written clinical documentation.
- Provides education to internal staff and external providers based on audit findings; provides general education on ICD-10 codes as appropriate.
- Serves as the training resource and subject matter expert to other team members for questions regarding ICD-10 coding and documentation requirements.
- Effectively communicates the audit process and results to the appropriate departments and management.
- Interfaces with providers and Health Plans to resolve disputes regarding appropriate coding and documentation requirements.
- Conducts process audits to ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures and existing CMS regulations; identifies and recommends opportunities for process improvements so that productivity and quality goals can be met or exceeded and operational efficiency and financial accuracy is achieved.
- Remains current on ICD-10 codes, CMS documentation requirements, and State and Federal regulations.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience with ICD-10 codes required.
- Minimum of 4 years recent and related experience in medical record documentation review, diagnosis coding, and/or auditing.
- Experience with Medicare and/or Medicaid Risk Adjustment process required.
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder) or CCS-P (Certified Coding Specialist-Physician) required.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective communications, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- For the Finance organization, if you hold the CPC (Certified Professional Coder) certification, you will be required to obtain the CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) certification within 6 months post hire
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.