Business Project Program Senior Manager (Chief of Staff)Primary Location: Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
Additional Locations: AZ-Phoenix, CO-Denver, CT-Hartford, DC-Washington, FL-Miami, FL-Plantation, GA-Atlanta, MA-Wellesley, MO-Kansas City, NC-Charlotte, NJ-Jersey City, NY-New York, OH-Columbus, OH-New Albany, PA-Blue Bell, SC-Columbia, TX-Dallas, TX-Houston, TX-San Antonio, VA-Roanoke Apply
Business Program Sr. Manager (Chief of Staff) position to support NQM Clinical Operational Excellence Operations Team. Acts as a champion for clinical compliance, performance excellence, and innovation. Leads all aspects of the program such as planning, coordination, development, implementation including the financial implications while prioritizing work, resources, and time. Ensures the end state of the program/business operations meets business objective(s) and that all deliverable and due dates are met. Highly collaborative process often requires managing relationships across the segments or multiple functional areas. Sets strategic direction for team and/or complex projects and or programs (e.g., national in scope which may impact one or all segments).
-Champions project management methodology, tools, and best practices for project administration
- Links tactical plans to Aetna/COE Strategic Plan
- Directs the process for developing, maintaining and communicating the strategic system plan
- Creates business strategy to drive competitive advantage
- Promotes breakthrough thinking and actions
-Sponsors creative experiments in the pursuit of innovation
- Measures impact of current performance
- Establishes service metrics to set performance standards
- Establishes and monitors service analytics- Sets the direction of the strategic business plan and translates into vision for staff/others.
- As a business leader, influences all stake holders to support key projects/programs to ensure positive outcomes that deliver on results.
- Drives change in order to improve performance results, organization effectiveness and/or systems/quality/services (e.g., policies, processes or systems).
- Identifies gaps in processes or organization and challenges self and others to develop and implement solutions.
- Directs accountability for impact to SG&A
- Ensures accurate prioritization of key projects/programs within purview.
- Has ultimate accountability for project management services being delivered including organizational budget and/or financial implications. Background Experience:
If currently office -- position would remain office base
If remote -- position would remain remote
Office base - would need to be close to an Aetna location
Develop Strategies to Drive the Business
Acts as a champion for innovation (Data analytics, Risk Surveillance, Robotics)
Proven track record managing complex projects and or programs that resulted in cost savings.
Multiple years proven leadership experience setting strategic direction and influencing change that resulted in quantifiable positive outcomes.
Experience managing large budgets.
10+ years managed care / health insurance industry experience
Project management experience with proven record of managing complex projects
Ability to manage multiple projects with detailed focus and exceptional time management skills
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.