Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Application Development Manager - 66490BRPrimary Location: Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
Additional Locations: PA-Blue Bell Apply
Note: Telework option maybe offered for this position
Directs, manages, plans and administers the operational and administrative activities a systems analysis/programming section
- Manage the IT support team for Annual NCQA Reporting
- Responsible for maintenance and execution of the Annual NCQA Reporting schedule
- Responsible for updates, maintenance, testing, execution of annual NCQA measure specification changes
- Responsible for the successful execution and submission to Auditors and NCQA per the Annual NCQA Reporting schedule
- Maintains metadata and functions in support of measures
- Maintenance of internal software to maintain metadata and house medical record data and generate HEDIS samples.
- Responsible for the technical aspects of the system development and implementation process for the maintenance and execution for the Annual NCQA Reporting schedule. Specific components include analysis, design, development, testing, and ongoing support for application systems.
- Selects and builds strong functional teams through formal training, diverse assignments, coaching, mentoring, and other development techniques.
- Manages and is responsible for development of IT project cost estimates, and assessment of potential risks. Directs and implements strategic direction and policy within area.
- Promotes and directs the reuse of assets across the organization.
- Participate and communicate hire, fire, compensation, and performance decisions.
- Organizes and controls the activities of the team. Management of team resources and directs their activities.
- Reviews, evaluates and prepares periodic performance reports of own staff. Prepares and communicates progress on team activity. Identifies key resource conflicts and negotiate resolution across projects.
- Ensures technical design of project and baseline work is in accordance with Enterprise Architecture direction. Utilizes reuse and component build where applicable.
- Manages the selection, evaluation, contracting, and integration of externally available application software to deliver business system solutions.
- Enforces the utilization of accepted methodology & tools in a disciplined manner. Responsible for ensuring the vendor teams are adhering to Aetna and individual application standards.
- 6+ years’ experience in application program development, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Affiliated with a technical or professional organization or user group
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Programming experience using SAS, Access, Python, Tableau
- Hands on experience querying and analyzing data
- Experience with HEDIS Reporting and Measures development
- Clinical experience
- Experience working with Auditors
- Hadoop environment experience
- Big Data Development
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
- Network Manager/Contract Negotiator Portland, Maine, Burlington, Massachusetts, North Dartmouth, Massachusetts, Waltham, Massachusetts, Bedford, New Hampshire, Concord, New Hampshire, Stratham, New Hampshire
- General Mental Health/Substance Use Services Coordinator Phoenix, Arizona
- Sr. Sales Executive Falls Church, Virginia, Washington D.C., District of Columbia, Linthicum, Maryland
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.