Business Intelligence AnalystPrimary Location: Blue Bell, PA
Additional Locations: PA-Blue Bell Apply
As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you must be passionate about digging into data and understanding the stories the data is telling. You will analyze complex data sets, track and measure insights, build critical dashboard and draw key insights. This position in part of Aetna’s Analytics and Behavior Change Organization and supports Aetna’s Payment Integrity team in which we identify and create medical cost saving opportunities that can be developed into algorithms and models to identify and prevent improper payments throughout the medical claim lifecycle.
62998Fundamental Components: Key Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- In this role you’ll need to be able to work with business end users to understand their reporting needs, as well as interface with the engineers who provide technical support to our analytics database.
- and strives to develop detailed expertise on where data comes from, how it’s structured, and where sneaky edge cases might be hiding. You’ll need to be willing to “get your hands dirty” in the data, as you’ll be the one writing and updating the SQL logic for our major fact tables.
- In addition to managing underlying source data you’ll also be responsible for building reports and dashboards that allow for the quick distillation of the most critical insights.
- who is comfortable designing and executing the transformation of occasionally messy source data into robust and usable datasets.
- Expertise in developing Tableau dashboards using best practices, required
- Experience manipulating large data sets leveraging tools such as Hadoop and Data Wrangling and pulling data from data warehouses, marts and lakes.
- Proficient knowledge of SQL, required
- R, Python, TOAD and SQL workbench, a plus
- Expertise in doing Root Cause Analysis and resolving performance bottlenecks
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills required
- Strong proficiency in all aspects of design, development and testing and best practices of Enterprise application and/or reporting implementations;
- Strong proficiency in the design, development and/or maintenance of reporting systems and databases
- Ability to interpret data to help in strategic decision making.
- Self-directed who can interpret data to understand trends and derive meaningful business insights for senior executives with little oversight
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently while also enjoying collaboration with cross-functional teams and other analysts
- Effective communication skills and ability to translate numbers into a story
- Professional, positive demeanor
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.