Stakeholder Relations Director (68406BR)Primary Location: Austin, TX
Additional Locations: TX-Austin Apply
Responsible for leading the strategic planning and execution of external relationships for Aetna Better Health of Texas. Collaborates with the senior leadership team to lead all aspects of member outreach, engagement of community partners to meet member needs, provider association and advocacy relationships, and will also serve as a liaison to HHSC. Accountable for strategic planning to meet the plan’s overall business objectives for member choice rates and member retention.
- Oversees the collaboration of Medicaid program coordination; directs staff to ensure that the stakeholder relations plan complies with State contract guidelines.
- Coordinates the development and approval of all marketing and promotional materials; ensures all materials receive approval by the State prior to production and distribution.
- Leads a team of employees who develop comprehensive member outreach and community education plans to meet the health plan’s overall business objectives for government program member growth and retention.
- Effectively models cultural sensitivity and disability awareness; holds staff accountable accordingly.
- Extensive networking and strong relationship development with community service organizations, advocacy groups, provider associations, business leaders, and other sources; performs competitive analyses and integrates that information into stakeholder relations’ strategies and plans.
- Collaborates with Care Management and other internal departments to develop strategies to close member access gaps in social determinants of health.
- Develops and manages the department budget; controls expenses while meeting performance requirements.
- Recruits, develops, and motivates staff.
- Initiates and communicates a variety of personnel actions including employment, termination, performance reviews, salary reviews, and disciplinary actions.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, political science, healthcare related field, or an equivalent combination of formal education and recent, related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ recent and related leadership experience including budget oversight.
- Minimum of 10 years’ recent and related experience in stakeholder relationship building and management with a successful track record of influencing change that results in quantifiable positive outcomes.
- Medicaid experience preferred.
- Health care, government program, government relations, or provider association experience in Texas.
- Experience working in complex, fast-paced environments.
- Public speaking; excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Active listening.
- Able to collaborate effectively across multiple teams.
- Negotiating experience.
- Thorough understanding of publicly-funded healthcare programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing demands.
Required Skills: General Business - Communicating for Impact, General Business - Demonstrating Business and Industry Acumen, Leadership - Developing and Executing Strategy Desired Skills: Benefits Management - Interacting with Medical Professionals, Leadership - Collaborating for Results, Leadership - Fostering a Global Perspective Functional Skills: Administration / Operation - Management: < 25 employees, Communication - Communication Delivery - Public Speaking, Finance - Financial Budgeting, Leadership - Act as company spokesperson to external constituents Technology Experience: Desktop Tool - Microsoft Outlook, Desktop Tool - Microsoft PowerPoint, Desktop Tool - Microsoft SharePoint, Desktop Tool - Microsoft Word, Desktop Tool - TE Microsoft Excel Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 25 - 50% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.