Employee Assistance Program (EAP) WorkLife ConsultantPrimary Location: Austin, TX
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, TX-Austin Apply
The required hours are Monday-Friday 7:50am-4:20pm EST
The WorkLife Consultant (WLC) is part of the WorkLife Team and provides consultation, assessment and resource referrals to a variety of customers for a variety of needs including child care, elder/adult care, and basic/everyday needs.
- Researches, locates and screens potential WorkLife services and resources that meet member's need and provides referrals directly to member.
- Determines appropriate intervention action steps in dealing with member situational concerns including cross referral to EAP services or other internal/external benefits that may meet their needs.
- Provides consultation to individuals with a variety of presenting issues including emotional, lifestyle management and WorkLife concerns including but not limited to elder care, child care, financial and legal resource etc.
- Provides information to members and providers regarding mental health, substance abuse benefits, community treatment resources, and related mental health programs.
- Assists members with linkage to resources and/or advises members how to access and choose services to aid in
the alleviation of stressors.
- Interacts with providers as appropriate to schedule appointments and discuss concerns regarding specific
- Prepares member fulfillment related to relevant materials, including provider profiles, letters, selection
of appropriate guidebooks, collating materials for mailing, documenting fulfillment completion in the appropriate EAP system, maintaining an inventory of materials.
- Documents accurate member contact and activities according to enterprise, EAP and WorkLife format using PC technology.
- Works collaboratively with WorkLife team to ensure excellent customer service, prioritizing work, case turnaround completion and improve workflow processes.
- Maintain a collaborative working relationship with Aetna EAP call centers - Performs WorkLife projects for account management and members.
- Collaborate with team of professionals in a way that supports a positive clinical outcome and continuity of care for all members
- Protects the confidentiality of member information and adheres to enterprise, EAP and WorkLife policies regarding confidentiality.
- Maintains accurate and complete documentation of required information that meets risk management and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain current licensure in good standing, seek professional development and meet all licensure requirements. (*)
Background Experience: -Experience working in call center environment is preferred
-Experience delivering care is required
-Crisis intervention experience is preferred
-Experience in handling family situations and/or relationship concerns is preferred
-1+ years of experience in a social or human services preferred (case mgmt, clinical, psychiatric, medical setting)
-Knowledge and /or experience in Employee Assistance Programs is preferred
-Experience working with diverse populations is required
-Excellent computer skills including MS Office applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook are required
-Masters degree in Social Work preferred
-A minimum of a bachelor's degree is required
-1+ year of experience locating resources is required Additional Job Information: Effective verbal and written communication skills.Computer literacy in order to navigate through internal/external computer systems, including Excel and Microsoft Word.Ability to effectively participate in a multi-disciplinary team including internal and external participants.Proficiency in multi-tasking and utilizing a multi-line phone system.Familiarity with basic terminology and concepts used in employee assistance/human services programs. Required Skills: Service - Creating a Differentiated Service Experience, Service - Improving Constituent-Focused Processes, Service - Working Across Boundaries Functional Skills: Customer Service - Customer Service - Member Services - Traditional products, Customer Service - Customer service - transaction based environment Technology Experience: Desktop Tool - Microsoft Explorer, Desktop Tool - Microsoft Outlook, Desktop Tool - Microsoft Word Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.