EAP Clinical CounselorPrimary Location: Austin, TX
Additional Locations: TX-Austin Apply
The following schedule is required: Tuesday-Saturday 9:30am-6:00pm EST
Responsible for provision of telephone-based consultation, counseling and informational services to members. Provides one-time or ongoing counseling and lifestyle management services, leveraging the outcomes tools in support of optimal care.
64075Fundamental Components: Member Support:
- Provides telephone triage, crisis intervention and related services.
-Assesses member’s immediate clinical needs and utilizes appropriate clinical tools to identify and provide services.
- Engages members and provides immediate support and assists with coping skills to address ongoing lifestyle management.
- Determines appropriate intervention, action steps in dealing with member’s situational concerns including members in crisis.
- Provides telephone counseling to individuals with a variety of presenting issues including but not limited to mental, emotional, disorders, conditions, addictions, lifestyle management and worklife concerns.
- Can consist of individual, joint or family sessions,
- Can be stand alone or on-going sessions
- Provides clinical services utilizing a variety of advanced clinical assessments, therapeutic interventions and/or models, which supports the level of care and engagement of members and are in alignment with the member’s theory of change.
- Uses appropriate and acceptable judgment, clinical theories, knowledge, methods, ethics, and professional use of self to restore or enhance social, psychosocial, or biopsychosocial functioning of members
- Provides intensive case management and consultation for clinical risk cases and management referrals.
- Provides information to members and providers regarding mental health, substance abuse benefits, community treatment resources, and related mental health programs
- Assists members with linkage to resources to aid in the alleviation of stressors
Team member support:
- Collaborates with team of professionals in a way that supports a positive clinical outcome and continuity of care for all members
- Interacts with internal and external providers as appropriate to discuss clinical questions and concerns regarding specific cases
- Provides consultation to supervisors and other account representatives in order to facilitate appropriate EAP response to employees with performance, attendance, safety, and fitness for duty, critical incidents and other work related problems
Compliance with Policies and Regulatory Standards:
- Protects the confidentiality of member information and adheres to enterprise, EAP policies regarding confidentiality.
- Maintains accurate and complete documentation of required information that meets risk management and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains current licensure in good standing, seek professional development and meet all licensure requirements Background Experience: -Current valid professional licensure to practice per state regulations in one or more is required: LPC, LMFT, LCSW, or Clinical Psychologist
-Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence required
-Experience working with diverse populations preferred
-Familiarity with brief therapy models and Motivational Interviewing preferred
-Experience in handling mental health and psychiatric care, family situations, relationship concerns is required
-1+ years of EAP, Behavioral Health or Social Services experience is preferred
-1+ year of crisis intervention skills required
-Experience in facilitating patient/client positive behavioral change required
-Call Center experience preferred
-Strong computer and literacy skills required
-Masters degree in counseling profession required Additional Job Information: Effective communication, telephonic and organization skills.Computer literacy in order to navigate through internal/external computer systems, including Excel and Microsoft Word.Ability to effectively participate in a multi-disciplinary team including internal and external participants.Proficiency in multi-tasking and utilizing a multi-line phone system.Familiarity with basic terminology and concepts used in employee assistance/human services programs. Required Skills: Benefits Management - Understanding Clinical Impacts, General Business - Communicating for Impact, General Business - Consulting for Solutions Desired Skills: Service - Creating a Differentiated Service Experience, Service - Demonstrating Service Discipline, Service - Working Across Boundaries Functional Skills: Clinical / Medical - Direct patient care (hospital, private practice) Technology Experience: Desktop Tool - Microsoft Explorer, Desktop Tool - Microsoft Outlook, Desktop Tool - Microsoft PowerPoint, Desktop Tool - Microsoft SharePoint Education: Mental Health - Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Mental Health - Licensed Mental Health Counseler, Mental Health - Licensed Professional Counselor, Mental Health - Licensed Psychologist Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.