EAP Clinical CounselorPrimary Location: Austin, TX
Additional Locations: TX-Austin Apply
The following schedules will be required and assigned based on business need:
Monday-Friday, 8:00am -4:30pm EST
Monday-Friday 11:30am -8pm EST
Responsible for provision of telephone-based consultation, counseling and informational services to members. Provides one-time or ongoing counseling and lifestyle management services, leveraging the outcomes tools in support of optimal care. Must hold a clinical independent license in their state.
- Provides telephone triage, crisis intervention and related services
- Assesses member’s immediate clinical needs and utilizes appropriate clinical tools to identify and provide services.
- Engages members and provides immediate support and assists with coping skills to address ongoing lifestyle management.
- Determines appropriate intervention, action steps in dealing with member’s situational concerns including members in crisis.
- Provides telephone counseling to individuals with a variety of presenting issues including but not limited to mental, emotional, disorders, conditions, addictions, lifestyle management and work-life concerns.
- Can consist of individual, joint or family sessions
- Can be stand alone or on-going sessions
- Provides clinical services utilizing a variety of advanced clinical assessments, therapeutic interventions and/or models, which supports the level of care and engagement of members and are in alignment with the member’s theory of change.
- Uses appropriate and acceptable judgment, clinical theories, knowledge, methods, ethics, and professional use of self to restore or enhance social, psychosocial, or biopsychosocial functioning of members.
-An independent clinical social work license is required (i.e. LPC, LMFT)
-Experienced and enjoys working with medicare, older adult and caregiver populations required
-Strong computer & literacy skills required
-Bilingual applicants preferred, not required
-1+ year of crisis intervention skills required
-Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence required
-1+ years of EAP, Behavioral Health or Social Services experience preferred
- Experience in handling mental health and psychiatric issues, family situations required
EAP reimburses clinical staff license renewal yearly fees and we reimburse up to
$300 a year in CEU's and provide free CEU opportunities. Offers a supportive team
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.