EAP Clinical CounselorPrimary Location: Austin, Texas
Additional Locations: TX-Austin Apply
The following hours are required: Tuesday-Saturday 10:30am-7:00pm EST
Responsible for provision of telephone-based consultation, counseling and informational services to members. Provides one-time or ongoing counseling and lifestyle management services, leveraging the outcomes tools in support of optimal care. Must hold a clinical license in their state.
59655Fundamental Components: Fundamental components include but are not limited to:
Provides telephone triage, crisis intervention and related services.
- Assesses members immediate clinical needs and utilizes appropriate clinical tools to identify and provide services.
- Engages members and provides immediate support and assists with coping skills to address ongoing lifestyle management.
- Determines appropriate intervention, action steps in dealing with members situational concerns including members in crisis.
- Provides telephone counseling to individuals with a variety of presenting issues including but not limited to mental, emotional, disorders, conditions, addictions, lifestyle management and work-life concerns.
- Can consist of individual, joint or family sessions,
- Can be stand alone or on-going sessions
- Provides clinical services utilizing a variety of advanced clinical assessments, therapeutic interventions and/or models, which supports the level of care and engagement of members and are in alignment with the members theory of change.
- Uses appropriate and acceptable judgment, clinical theories, knowledge, methods, ethics, and professional use of self to restore or enhance social, psychosocial, or biopsychosocial functioning of members.
Background Experience: BACKGROUND/EXPERIENCE
One of the following licenses is required: LCSW, LPC, LMFT, or Licensed Psychologist
Strong computer and literacy skills are required
Experience in facilitating patient/client positive behavioral change
Call Center experience is preferred
Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
Crisis intervention skills preferred
1-3 years of EAP, BH or Social Services exp preferred
Exp in handling mental health and psychiatric care, family situations, relations Additional Job Information: Effective communication, telephonic and organization skills.
Computer literacy in order to navigate through internal/external computer systems, including Excel and Microsoft Word.
Ability to effectively participate in a multi-disciplinary team including internal and external participants.
Proficiency in multi-tasking and utilizing a multi-line phone system.
Familiarity with basic terminology and concepts used in employee assistance/human services programs.
Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.