Network Performance and Strategy LiaisonPrimary Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
59347Fundamental Components: The primary responsibilities of this position include identifying specific network strategies to manage medical cost and trend. This is a unique opportunity to work directly with plan sponsors, account management, local/ national network, clinicians and analysts to create customized network strategies for our customers. The individual in this position will be responsible for creating strong relationships with local and national network teams, maintaining an in-depth knowledge of Aetna network strategies and performance and reviewing data to inform recommendations. The successful candidate will serve as a subject matter expert on network related performance including contracting methodologies, network competitiveness and value based designs. This is a customer facing position requiring the ability to communicate complex networking arrangements and delivery performance results to a wide variety of audiences. This position requires the ability to independently manage all network-related, customer- specific health plan performance and identify root causes, identify solutions and present meaningful analysis. Background Experience:
- Strong communication skills: Able to articulate (verbally and written) complex business results, issues and strategies in a clear, concise and confident manner to all levels and positions of an organization (internal and external).
- Business/Industry Knowledge: Minimum of 7-10 years of direct industry experience negotiating provider contracts and/or provider relations. Strong understanding of health care network product spectrum and contracting methodologies including advanced knowledge of value based designs. Must have strong knowledge of claim coding (CPT/DRG, etc.), provider networks, benefit designs, healthcare products/funding, medical management programs and financial acumen.
- Relationship management: Demonstrated relationship management skills at the senior level; capacity to quickly build and maintain credible relationships at varying levels of the organization simultaneously.
- Strategic Thinking: Must have demonstrated ability to think strategically in an independent manner and out of the box versus accepting the status quo.
- Technical Skills: Must possess strong technical skills in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) as well as experience using analytic/reporting applications
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
The Plan Sponsor Insights (PSI) team provides customer level consultative analytics and reporting for Aetnas commercial business segments. Working on the PSI team provides the opportunity for exposure to senior levels of management within Aetna as well as to customers and consultants. The work environment supports and thrives on out-of-the box thinking and creative talent. Our team is highly valued by our internal partners as well as the customers they serve. Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 10 - 25% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.