Market President, Georgia/Gulf-StatesPrimary Location: Atlanta, GA
Additional Locations: GA-Atlanta Apply
The Market President, Georgia/Gulf-States is a highly visible role across the Enterprise senior leadership and Southeast Territory Team driving growth and business results for a defined market. The role has direct oversight of Sales and Account Management, Medicare and Compliance, while collaborating closely with Network management and with all supporting functions. S/he brings strategic leadership, establishes short-term and long-term goals, develops and executes local market initiatives to drive profitable growth.
- P&L accountability for the market, including Key and Select Accounts, Small Group, Public & Labor, National Accounts, Medicare (Group and Individual) and Specialty Products (e.g. Dental).
- Develops, implements and translates organizational strategies that align to market strategies to achieve LOB targets
- Provides direction and fosters a common vision and focus on business goals and objectives.
- Challenge the status quo to lead CVS Aetna Health transformation agenda
- Develops and maintains knowledge of the business across the aligned market and anticipates and plans for investments needed to reshape the business to meet emerging market needs
- Provides strategic direction to sales and network teams to achieve market revenue and membership goals.
- Oversees the geographic portfolio developing and implementing plans to optimize geographic markets
- Monitors market conditions to identify and implement shifts in strategic direction as needed
- Develops talent at all levels to ensure succession, breadth, depth and diversity
- Builds progressive partnerships to develop innovative products and local initiatives
- Cultivates strong relationships externally including brokers, providers, government organizations and regulatory/legislative representatives within the market
- Engages with local community to build relationships and trust
- Cultivates strong internal relationships necessary for effective cross-functional
- Connects with functional leaders to ensure alignment
71611Fundamental Components: General Management - Multi-functional management: > 25 employees
General Management - Profit & loss accountability
General Business - Communicating for Impact
General Business - Demonstrating Business and Industry Acumen
Finance - Profit and Quality Vigilance
Leadership - Creating Accountability
Leadership - Developing and Executing Strategy
Leadership - Driving Strategic and Organizational Agility
Desktop Tool - Microsoft Office Suite Background Experience: Setting Strategy
- Excellent strategic thinker with a demonstrated track record of creative, innovative thinking.
- Ability to apply intellectual rigor and analysis in decision-making and maintain confidence of shareholders.
- An analogous thinker, recognizing, connecting and leveraging patterns and trends of information; the successful candidate will be embrace ambiguity with the ability to devise solution when a clear path otherwise does not exist.
- A decisive and effective decision maker; should be comfortable making clear, rational, timely decisions.
- Holds oneself to the highest standards of accountability; demonstrates successful leadership skills in driven, results-oriented cultures. Focused on outcomes and skilled at marshaling multiple/matrixed resources to get things done.
- Tackles problems directly; sets and communicates clear goals; holds people accountable even outside of direct reporting relationships.
- A bias for action and comfort with both making decisions and shouldering the responsibility for them.
- Track record of recruiting, developing and retaining a team comprised of high caliber talent. Accurately appraises strengths and development areas of his/her team, provides constrictive feedback and develops strong successors.
- A mature, self-confident and politically aware executive with strong interpersonal skills, who can lead by influence and support as much as by organizational reporting structures.
- Proactively and regularly attends to culture and morale, creating a destination for top talent. One who enjoys making an organization significantly more effective through personal role modeling.
- Exceptional judgment and the ability to engender immediate trust; unquestioned integrity and credibility;
- Calm influence and stewardship through crisis or adverse circumstances; open, flexible, collaborative, positive and proactive disposition and communication style;
- Ability to influence constituencies in multiple areas of the business; and a high level of cultural sensitivity, patience and emotional intelligence;
- Promotes ideas and new proposals persuasively; consistently shapes stakeholder opinions; known for negotiating win/win solutions.
- Excellent communicator in both the written and oral form; understands how to approach communication from a strategic perspective; ability to create clear and convincing presentations and communications at the c-suite and board level.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.