National Business Health ConciergePrimary Location: Arlington, TX
Additional Locations: TX-Arlington Apply
The Health Concierge is the face of Aetna to provide targeted, personalized service based on a holistic view of the member, benefits, health information, and through engagement. Handles customer service inquiries and problems via telephone, internet, web-chat or written correspondence. Engages, consults and educates members based upon the member’s unique needs, preferences and understanding of Aetna plans, tools and resources to help guide the members along a clear path to care. Utilizes resources to assist customers in understanding components of the Aetna products including claims, accumulators, usage and balances, and cost sharing.
- National Business Health Concierge’s (HC’s) create an emotional connection with our members by understanding and engaging the member to the fullest. HC’s build a trusting relationship with the member by taking accountability to fully understand the members’ needs.
- They identify member needs beyond the initial inquiry by answering the unasked questions.
- HC’s answers questions and resolve issues as a ‘single-point-of-contact’ based on phone calls, letters, emails, Internet, chat and outreach programs from members.
- They make financial decisions to resolve member issues using customer service threshold framework.
- They collaborate with colleagues and co-workers to deliver a world-class member experience.
- The HC guides and educates the member through various elements of their benefit plan information and available services created to enhance the overall customer service experience.
- HC’s take ownership and resolve issues without or with limited management intervention.
- They have knowledge of Aetna policy, procedure and resources to comply with regulatory guidelines.
- National Business Health Concierges (HC's)
- Answer questions and resolve issues as a “single-point-of-contact” based on phone calls, plan sponsors, PSS/ISO, members and providers.
- Provides customized interaction based on customer preference and individualized needs, creating an emotional connection with our members by understanding and engaging the member to the fullest.
- Fully understands the member’s needs by building a trusting and caring relationship with the member.
- Anticipates customer needs.Provides the customer with related information to answer the unasked questions, e.g. additional plan details, benefit plan details, member self-service tools, etc.
- Uses customer service threshold framework to make financial decisions to resolve member issues.
- Educates and assists customers on various elements of benefit plan information and available services created to enhance the overall customer service experience with the company (i.e., assistance with member self-service tools, Consultation Opportunities – Simple Steps, Cost of Care Tools, Natural Alternatives Program, etc.).
- Utilizes all relevant information to effectively influence member engagement.
- Takes immediate action when confronted with a problem or made aware of a situation.
- Takes ownership of each customer contact to resolve their issues and connect them with additional services as appropriate.
- Identifies member needs beyond the initial inquiry by answering the unasked questions.
- Resolves issues without or with limited management intervention.
- Provides education to members to support them in managing their health.
- Responds quickly to meet customer needs and resolve problems while avoiding over-committing.
- Other activities may include: providing claim status information, benefit coverage interpretations, and explaining plan eligibility.
- Processes claim referrals, new claim hand-offs, and escalates issues as appropriate through the system for grievances and appeals.
- Initiates out-reach/welcome calls to ensure constituents expectations are met or exceeded.
- To be successful, a Health Concierge require strong ability to multitask, prioritize, problem-solve and effectively adapt to a fast-paced, changing environment.
- In addition to excellent computer skills, top candidates will possess critical thinking, professionalism, strong listening and organizational skills and demonstrate empathy.
- A minimum of two years of Customer Service experience in a service environment, such as a call center or retail location preferred.
- Customer Service experiences in a transaction based environment such as a call center or retail location preferred, demonstrating ability to be empathetic and compassionate.
- Effective organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written Associate's degree or equivalent work experience.
Innovative Thinking and “Change Agent” - Looks for, identifies and acts on opportunities to improve how we design, develop, and deliver products and services. Strong analytical skills and innovative problem solving abilities. Strong negotiation and collaboration skills. In-depth knowledge of benefits program and system design (Health and Welfare, Wealth, other employee benefits), related financials, legal/regulatory requirements. Empathy towards customers' needs and concerns. Ability to maintain accuracy and production standards. Technical skills. Attention to detail and accuracy. Required Skills: Service - Creating a Differentiated Service Experience, Service - Providing Solutions to Constituent Needs, Service - Working Across Boundaries Desired Skills: General Business - Demonstrating Business and Industry Acumen, General Business - Maximizing Work Practices, Technology - Leveraging Technology Functional Skills: Communication - Member communications, Customer Service - Customer Service - Member Services - Traditional products, Customer Service - Customer service - production environment Technology Experience: Desktop Tool - Microsoft Explorer, Desktop Tool - Microsoft Foundation Classes, Desktop Tool - Microsoft Outlook Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.