Medical Claim ProcessorPrimary Location: Arlington, Texas
Additional Locations: TX-Arlington Apply
61774Fundamental Components: Claim Benefit Specialists (CBS) build a trusting relationship with the member by analyzing and processing claims accurately and timely in accordance with prescribed operational claim processing guidelines. They take accountability to fully understand the members’ benefit coverage, complete eligibility verification, identify discrepancies and apply all cost containment measures. CBS coordinates responses for routine phone inquiries and written correspondence related to claim processing. They have knowledge of policy, procedure and resources to comply with regulatory guidelines.
- Determine and understand the coverage provided under a member's health plan.
- Efficiently use multiple systems and screens to obtain and record claim information.
- Review claims information to determine the nature of a member's illness or injury.
- Identify claim cost management opportunities and refer claims for follow up.
- Make claim payment decisions.
- Process claims accurately to enhance customer satisfaction and retention.
- Process claims within quality and production standards.
- Assist team members in support of achieving team, office, regional, and national goals Background Experience: - To be successful, CBS require experience in a production environment and medical claim processing experience.
- Strong analytical and technical skill with ability to maintain accuracy and production standards.
- Understanding of medical terminology with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, problem-solve and effectively adapt to a fast-paced, changing environment.
- In addition to excellent written, oral communication and computer skills.
- Top candidates will possess critical thinking, technical skills, professionalism and understanding of medical terminology with prior medical claim processing experience preferred. Additional Job Information: Our Claim Processors are very important first line of contact with the customers. Our claim processing team consists of talented, dedicated people with the skills to make a difference in the lives of our customers. The setting is fast-paced, and customer satisfaction is a top priority. People who thrive in our organization can handle multiple tasks while maintaining positive and professional outlook. Our work environment is engaging and diverse. Employees are encouraged to satisfy professional ambitions, take pride in their contributions and share in our success.
We are looking for a detail oriented individual who enjoys working in a team environment and can create value for our customers by exceeding high quality metrics. The ideal candidate will have exceptional analytical skills, accurate and fast keyboarding skills, advanced computer navigation and knowledge and experience in a Windows environment, effective verbal and written communication skills, the ability to adapt quickly and willingly to change, and a positive, willing attitude. Prior medical claim processing experience is a plus. Successful candidates should be comfortable with quality goals, production goals, and service expectations and will be monitored for accuracy, efficiency, and customer satisfaction. Comprehensive training will be provided to assist in the achievement of these objectives. Attendance during the 20 week training period is required. After completion of the training period, overtime may be required based on business needs. Required Skills: General Business - Maximizing Work Practices, Service - Demonstrating Service Discipline, Technology - Leveraging Technology Desired Skills: General Business - Communicating for Impact, Service - Creating a Differentiated Service Experience Technology Experience: Desktop Tool - Microsoft Explorer, Desktop Tool - Microsoft Outlook, Operating System - Windows Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.