Case Management CoordinatorPrimary Location: Arlington, TX
Additional Locations: TX-Arlington Apply
Utilizes critical thinking and judgment to collaborate and inform the case management process, in order to facilitate appropriate healthcare outcomes for members by providing care coordination, support and education for members through the use of care management tools and resources.
66459Fundamental Components: Evaluation of Members:
-Through the use of care management tools and information/data review, conducts comprehensive evaluation of referred member’s needs/eligibility and recommends an approach to case resolution and/or meeting needs by evaluating member’s benefit plan and available internal and external programs/services.
-Identifies high risk factors and service needs that may impact member outcomes and care planning components with appropriate referral to clinical case management or crisis intervention as appropriate.
- Coordinates and implements assigned care plan activities and monitors care plan progress.
Enhancement of Medical Appropriateness and Quality of Care:
- Using holistic approach consults with case managers, supervisors, Medical Directors and/or other health programs to overcome barriers to meeting goals and objectives; presents cases at case conferences to obtain multidisciplinary review in order to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Identifies and escalates quality of care issues through established channels.
-Utilizes negotiation skills to secure appropriate options and services necessary to meet the member’s benefits and/or healthcare needs.
- Utilizes influencing/ motivational interviewing skills to ensure maximum member engagement and promote lifestyle/behavior changes to achieve optimum level of health.
-Provides coaching, information and support to empower the member to make ongoing independent medical and/or healthy lifestyle choices.
-Helps member actively and knowledgably participate with their provider in healthcare decision-making.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Documentation of Care:
- Utilizes case management and quality management processes in compliance with regulatory and accreditation guidelines and company policies and procedures. Background Experience: -One of the following is required: a Master’s degree in Social Work or a Licensed Baccalaureate Social Worker (LBSW)
-1+ year of experience with the pediatrics population required
-Case management and discharge planning experience preferred
-2+ years experience in behavioral health or social services preferred
-Managed Care experience preferred
-Bilingual in Spanish preferred Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 25 - 50% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.