Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Sr. Salesforce Application Developer - 57610BRPrimary Location: Amherst, New York
Additional Locations: IL-Downers Grove, MI-Okemos, MN-Plymouth, NY-Amherst, OH-New Albany Apply
Meritain Health is the nation's independent provider of self-funded health plans. Meritain Health services over 1.700 self-funded clients and over a million members nationally. The company provides plan administration, innovative wellness, medical management, disease management, network managements, and cost management services. Meritain Health employs more than 1,200 people, with multiple offices across the country. www.meritain.com
- Under general direction, formulates and defines system scope and objectives.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results.
- Prepares detailed technical specifications from which programs will be written.
- Designs, develops, tests, debugs, releases, supports and documents those programs.
- Develop complex force.com applications using both declarative and customization capabilities.
- Customization framework of Salesforce.com using Apex, Triggers, visual Force, custom settings and Metadata Set up Apex Unit Testing with Governor Friendly Coding.
- Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Regularly provides guidance and training to less-experienced programmer/analysts.
- 6+ years experience in Salesforce application program development, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Expertise in APEX language, development tools, and/or databases and the systems development life cycle, applicable to development organization.
- Project experience with Salesforce Lightning and developing lightning custom components, experience with custom integration, TEST API, Community Cloud, CPQ and Salesforce1 a plus.
- Good understanding of Database Technologies such as SQL.
- 4-6+ years experience in systems analysis and application program development, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience with third party Salesforce application packages.
- Understand the business and functional requirements that apply to the applications supporting a sub-domain or domain as well as their relevant interfaces.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Functional - Information Technology/Application development/4-6 Years
Functional - Information Technology/Application maintenance & support/4-6 Years
Functional - Information Technology/Strategy & planning/1-3 Years
Functional - Information Management/Business information analysis/1-3 Years
Technical - Development Languages/SQL/1-3 Years/Power User
Technical - Other//4-6 Years/
Technology/Developing Software Solutions/ADVANCED
Technology/Selecting and Applying Technology Solutions/ADVANCED
Technology/Developing Competitive Technology and Architecture/FOUNDATION
General Business/Turning Data into Information/ADVANCED
General Business/Maximizing Work Practices/ADVANCED
Leadership/Fostering a Global Perspective/FOUNDATION
- ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
- Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
- Dir, Communications - Content New York, New York, Hartford, Connecticut
- Executive Assistant (THA - Texas Health Aetna) Arlington, Texas
- Senior Network Manager Baltimore, Maryland, Bethesda, Maryland, Columbia, Maryland, Frederick, Maryland, Hagerstown, Maryland, Hunt Valley, Maryland, Linthicum, Maryland, Rockville, Maryland, Charleston, West Virginia, Flatwoods, West Virginia
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.