Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Senior Quality Assurance Lead- ITPrimary Location: Amherst, New York
Additional Locations: MN-Plymouth, NY-Amherst Apply
The QA Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading the Quality Assurance guild, which involves deeply understanding the current state of quality efforts at Meritain across all agile teams, and including not only typical QA testing, but also the quality assurance efforts of Developers, Solutions Analysts, Business Analysts, and UAT testers. The Quality Assurance Guild is tasked with the continuous improvement of quality efforts across all delivery teams. The QA Senior Project Manager will lead this cross-functional group in designing and testing best practices, measuring results, and ensuring adherence to Meritain's Delivery Culture as it pertains to Quality Assurance.
Additionally, the QA Senior Project Manager will function as the QA lead for one or more agile development teams, where they will encourage a shift away from manual testing towards Developer-driven automation.
- Working closely with the DevOps Facilitator to understand Meritain's strategic DevOps direction as well as the supporting concepts (e.g. maturity models, heatmaps, dashboards, etc.).
- Identifying impediments to DevOps progress on the team (cultural, bandwidth, tool, knowledge, etc.) and working with the DevOps Facilitator on action plans.
- Helping the team(s) understand the vision of Developer-driven automation and the promise of CI/CD.
- Writing test plans, coordinating with testing resources, developing and coordinating the development of automated tests, executing manual test cases, and reporting results.
- Collaborating closely with the Test Automation Guild to ensure alignment between efforts.
- Perform test results review from other members of the team.
- May perform demonstrations of system functionality to business stakeholders.
- Able to mentor team members on the application of the methodology.
- 3–4 years of solid project management and people management experience.
- 5+ years solid experience with software project life cycles.
- Proven track record meeting project dates.
- BS in Computer Science or closely related field with 10+ years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
- Customer Service Representative Jacksonville, Florida
- Senior Software Architect- Content Customization~62463BR Burlington, Massachusetts
- Customer Service Representative Columbia, South Carolina
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.