Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Microsoft Sharepoint AdministratorPrimary Location: Amherst, New York
Additional Locations: AZ-Phoenix, CT-Hartford, FL-Tampa, MI-Lansing, MN-Plymouth, NY-Amherst, PA-Cranberry Apply
We have an exciting opportunity at Aetna for an Application SupportSpecialist with our Meritain Health team. This role will execute specificdeliverables and activities around moderately complex system issues as part ofa team assigned to support the day-to-day maintenance and enhancement ofbusiness applications.
Meritain Health is the nation's independent provider of self-fundedhealth plans. Meritain Health services over 1,700 self-funded clients and overa million member's nationally.Thecompany provides planadministration,innovative wellness, medical management, disease management, network managementand cost management services.
Meritain Health employs more than 1.400 people with multiple officelocations across the country. www.meritain.com
- Determines root cause analysis of system issues.
- Conducts interviews, fact-finding, and independent research to design creative, progressive solutions to system issues.
- Documents business impact of system issue.
- Develops and communicates effective short-term workaround procedures to address system issues.
- Assists with the management and resolution of unplanned hard system outages.
- Contributes to the communication process to impacted customers and internal management personnel
- May assist in the development of Product Overviews, FAQs, Tool Glossaries, system training material, and system user
- documentation to support implementation activities Support business area operations/functions by setting up / modifying / maintaining simple to complex system operating parameters by designing and configuring business rule table entries, and/or complex macros/automated scripts.
- Provides day to day support of these items to insure they work properly (including the application of appropriate QA
- procedures) and to quickly fix any identified defects.
- Completes activities on time and within Standard Level Agreements and proactively identifies and communicates issues that may jeopardize delivery dates or budget to the Supervisor or Manager.
- Exhibits behaviors outlined in Employee Competencies.
- Coordinates with peers to analyze issue and provide end to end resolutions.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
Background Experience: 1-3 years of application support experience in MS Windows environment. Knowledge of Linux OS is a plus.
1-3 years of experience with web-based applications using IIS and SQL
1-3 years of experience in administration and maintenance of MS
Additional Job Information: Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
Ability to learn new technology.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.