Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Manager - Application Development - 69361BRPrimary Location: Amherst, New York
Additional Locations: MN-Plymouth, NY-Amherst Apply
- Motivate and support individuals to be their best selves, encouraging continued learning and improvement.
- Work collaboratively with direct reports to build growth plans and continuously manage performance.
- Responsible for both people management and technical leadership within the agile teams under its purview.
- Has a key role in improving member engagement and digital experiences.
- As a peer to the business-side Product Managers, ensures IT considerations (e.g. technical debt, architectural runway) are included in agile planning and that the work is completed.
- Regularly broadcasts stories of success within Meritain and throughout the enterprise.
- Prepares and communicates progress on team activity. Identifies key resource conflicts and negotiate resolution across projects.
- Manages the selection, evaluation, contracting, and integration of externally available application software to deliver business system solutions.
- Enforces the utilization of accepted methodology & tools in a disciplined manner.
- Responsible for ensuring the vendor teams are adhering to Aetna and individual application standards.
- 6+ years’ experience in application program development, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Affiliated with a technical or professional organization or user group.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work effectively with clients and IT management and staff.
- Management skills.
- Strong judgment.
- Analytical ability.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the system development life cycle, the client area's functions and systems, and application program development alternatives.
- Understanding of and ability to ensure best practices in software delivery within agile teams.
- Understanding of the importance of adopting CI/CD, test automation, and other practice improvements.
- Ability to teach teams and individuals next-generation technical practices, lend a hand in helping teams ramp up their knowledge, and consult on architecture decisions.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna, a CVS Health Company’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.