Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Lead .Net Developer - Technical Evangelist - 65731BRPrimary Location: Amherst, New York
Additional Locations: MN-Plymouth, NY-Amherst Apply
Meritain Health is undergoing a significant transformation. Having moved from waterfall to agile, from multi-month releases to daily, from manual testing to automated, we are investing in our people and our tech stacks to vastly improve our speed, quality, and customer satisfaction. The technical evangelist role understands how critical it is to adopt CI/CD, trunk-based development, branching by abstraction, and all the practices that are helping organizations make huge strides in delivery performance. This person will be responsible for teaching next-generation technical practices, setting development teams up for success, and helping to architect solutions that move teams into forward-thinking delivery models. While Meritain's development teams are busy delivering essential value for our customers, the Technical Evangelist is helping them level up their capabilities.
- Serve as a thought leader: research new practices, try them out, and then bring them to the delivery teams with demos, reference applications, and lightweight documentation.
- Craft operating procedures and best practices that will be rolled out across agile teams.
- Forge relationships with developers, managers, and business stakeholders.
- Change is hard, so this individual should expect to encounter resistance to change on a regular basis. A mindset of positivity, open-mindedness, and persistence is required.
- Understanding the technical details required to implement modern delivery practices, including continuous integration, continuous delivery, automated release/change management, automated provisioning, and automated testing (unit, component, integration, acceptance).
- Working with IT teams (development, operations, support, etc.) to incrementally increase capabilities.
- Continuously improving our capability models to ensure Meritain's long-term trajectory is in line with modern best practices.
- Working in partnership with the DevSecOps Facilitator to implement improvements.
- Developing a method for tracking technical improvement efforts for every team.
- Broadcasting stories of success and learning.
- Proactively and consistently providing updates on progress.
- Tactfully and positively holding teams accountable for continuous improvement, working to understand barriers to progress and knocking them down.
- Designing training opportunities (e.g. lunch and learns, skill builders)
- Applying knowledge and experience to improve Meritain's future state.
- Design and develop internal tools to help accelerate improvements.
*Note: Interested candidates must be legally eligible to work for any US employer & not require visa transfer or sponsorship now or in the future.
- Significant development experience in a modern programming language.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to build effective workflow diagrams and value stream illustrations.
- The ability to build and maintain relationships with individual contributors and IT managers
- The ability to drop into a new team, quickly understand their work, and be able to facilitate productive conversations from the start.
- The ability to understand new code bases and provide useful, specific guidance on how to improve.
- A thorough understanding of DevOps concepts and practices or the willingness and ability to learn.
- An interest in learning more about software security.
Some experience with .NET Core preferred
Senior-level understanding of clean coding principles, design patterns, and delivery methodologies (CI/CD)
Senior-level experience architecting solutions for .NET applications
Involvement in all phases of the systems development life cycle.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
#LI-DI1 Additional Job Information: Knowledge of Industry Systems/Software Engineering processes and techniques.Strong leadership skills.Full technical knowledge of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming.Technical knowledge of various high level programming languages and program development software.In-depth knowledge of system and technology alternatives, as well as the system development life cycle.Extensive knowledge of the business area's function and systems.Ability to work effectively with business areas and IT management and staff.Strong judgment.Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Required Skills: Leadership - Anticipating and Innovating, Leadership - Collaborating for Results, Leadership - Developing and Executing Strategy Desired Skills: Technology - Leveraging Technology, Technology - Promoting Emerging Technology, Technology - Selecting and Applying Technology Solutions Functional Skills: Information Technology - Application architecture, Information Technology - Application development Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
- Assistant Finance Admin (Contract role), Hong Kong
- Utilization Management Nurse Consultant Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
- Member Services Representative San Diego, California
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.