Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Lead, Database TeamPrimary Location: Amherst, New York
Additional Locations: IL-Downers Grove, MN-Plymouth, NY-Amherst Apply
- DATABASE DESIGN: - Participates in or provides input to the logical data modeling process in order to ensure that business requirements are translated into a valid database design. - Reviews and signs off on data architecture components of application design. - Participates with systems engineering in defining the technical data management environment and aids in the establishment of best practices for these environments. - Uses logical data models to create and maintain physical database designs which meet identified business needs and provide adequate safeguards for security and integrity. - Leads the physical database design process. - Ensures databases provide required functionality to meet identified business needs. - Ensures database are high quality, cost-effective, maintainable, and contain solutions that can be leveraged. - Participates in data architecture requirements discussions and recommends usage of appropriate database and data management technology (i.e. DBMS, MQ, Data Propagator, DRDB).
- DATABASE IMPLEMENTATION AND MAINTENANCE: Provides direction and standards for database maintenance systems. Works with Software Development to utilize DevOps principles and practices to facilitate deployment implementation. Applying knowledge and experience to improve Meritain's future state. Design and develop internal tools to help accelerate improvements.
- DATABASE CONSULTING: Provides technical support for database and server evaluation for performance and security. Working with IT teams (development, operations, support, etc.) to incrementally increase capabilities. Continuously improving our capability models to ensure Meritain's long-term trajectory is in line with modern best practices. Working in partnership with the DevSecOps Facilitator to implement improvements.
- DATABASE NEW PRODUCT/VERSION TESTING & EVALUATION: Maintains testing and evaluation facilities to evaluate latest releases of database software.
- RESOURCE MANAGEMENT: Ensures that resources are prepared to support multiple systems through knowledge sharing and practical exercise.
- CUSTOMER/ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT: - Ensures that customer problems are solved in a timely and acceptable fashion. Matches the right organizational services to the customer's needs in order to manage customer demands by educating the customer, communicating with the customer, not doing what the customer wants if it does not make sense, ensuring customer satisfaction and quality solutions, anticipating the customer's needs and understanding the customer's business and their issues. - Ensures that all technology decisions are in compliance with standards for hardware and software integrity, are not disruptive and are supportive of business area and enterprise-wide initiatives. Provides training, support and technical guidance to team members, as necessary.
- 5-7 years related work experience.
- Experience in data processing.
- 2- or 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
Monitoring Tools: SQL Redgate, Data Server Manager, Ops Director
Required Skills: Leadership - Collaborating for Results, Service - Providing Solutions to Constituent Needs, Technology - Developing Competitive Technology and Architecture Desired Skills: Leadership - Engaging and Developing People Functional Skills: Information Management - Data Security Administration, Information Management - Database Backup and Migration, Information Management - Database Design (Physical), Information Technology - Data / info management & architecture, Information Technology - Release & resource management Technology Experience: Database - DB2, Database - Microsoft SQL Server, Operating System - Linux, Operating System - Windows Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.