Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
IT Senior Project ManagerPrimary Location: Amherst, New York
Additional Locations: MN-Plymouth, NY-Amherst Apply
- Consistently responsible for managing, directing and planning complex projects consisting of one or more agile teams.
- Ability to communicate and effectively negotiate with business, sr. management, peers with a high level of confidence and composure.
- Provides coaching and team building to ensure that the project team members develop their skills and achieve their career goals.
- Leads a matrixed project team in executing assigned tasks and coordinating the efforts of internal and external project team members.
- Ensures that project team members complete tasks and deliverables on time and within budget, and that the project delivers promised business functionality.
- Identifies and capitalizes on interdependencies within the project(s) to ensure end-to-end synergy during all phases of the project life cycle.
- Develops and manages all key project governance documents, such as but not limited to the Project Charter, Workplan, Communications Plan, and Risk Mitigation Strategy.
- Manages to the project budget, and reports project cost information in an accurate and timely manner.
- Proactively identifies additional cost-savings to reduce overall project expenditures.
- Manages the effective utilization of resources assigned to the project team, and proactively communicates resource capacity and shortages to the respective organization leads.
- Coordinates engagement of subject matter experts in the business segment to assist Portfolio and Project Management Manager to ensure that expectations and objectives are clearly understood by all parties, and to communicate project information including the status of deliverables, scope changes, and issues.
- Proactively evaluates project activities, builds contingency plans, executes corrective action, and monitors issue resolution to mitigate risks such as scope and/or budget variances.
- Manages the scope of the project, and ensures that scope changes are reviewed and approved by Finance and Business Sponsor where appropriate.
- Evaluates project activities utilizing quality measurements and monitoring mechanisms to ensure that deliverables meet or exceed expectations and integrate with overall project effort.
- Monitors and reports tangible and intangible benefits.
- Provides management with team and individual performance feedback.
- Adheres to existing project management methodology by leveraging and promoting the use of existing tools, capturing best practices, identifying areas for process improvement, and the associated implementation.
- Monitors and holds project resources accountable for meeting performance metrics.
- Creates and maintains a highly collaborative PM community of practice that drives and implements continuous improvements which result in IT and Business Return on Investment.
- Act as a role model for other Project Managers, as well as being an active mentor to other Project Managers.
- Partners and collaborates with the Business in building a strong foundational knowledge of the Business processes to deliver the appropriate IT Business solution.
- Prepares and delivers professional presentations to management and business.
- Healthcare experience preferred
- 5-10 years project management experience
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification would be a plus.
- Bachelor degree from accredited higher education institution.
- Agile experience preferred
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna, a CVS Health Company’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
- Account Manager Chicago, Illinois
- SRE Manager Denver, Colorado
- Aetna International Associate Account Manager Sugar Land, Texas, Tampa, Florida, Alpharetta, Georgia, High Point, North Carolina, Albany, New York, New York, New York, Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, Dallas, Texas, Fort Worth, Texas, Houston, Texas, New Albany, Ohio, Hartford, Connecticut
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.