Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
2nd shift Associate Computer Services TechnicianPrimary Location: Amherst, New York
Additional Locations: NY-Amherst Apply
64470Fundamental Components: Availability Management:
Develops understanding of application and infrastructure availability criteria while learning to identify potential impacts to the business.
- Develops knowledge of AIS Notification processes, procedures, tools, and controls for service delivery and service support functions.
Change and Problem Management:
- Develops understanding of the Change Management process as it relates to batch, online and infrastructure activities.
- With guidance and direction, assists senior team member on simple or less complex change activities and releases of business applications working in concert with Production Services and/or IT representatives to ensure timely, effective installation.
- Acquires knowledge of Problem Management tools and gains skills to assist in resolution and recurrence avoidance of service incidents.
- Under direction, responds to daily operational issues.
- With guidance and direction, learns first phase of computer/network infrastructure, environmental hardware and software, and the relationships with related AIS Engineering/Production Services organizations.
- Develops functional skills for use on all major systems and service console tools on current installed CPUs. Manage, maintain, and configure the mainframe and its I/O configuration.
- Develops an understanding of job flow procedures, testing relationships, job scheduling and job processing.
- Develops knowledge of Mainframe/Midrange/Online scheduling tools to manage and monitor batch jobs for complex business applications.
- With assistance from senior staff, learns to proactively monitor and analyze system events to mitigate risk scenarios and ensure stability of applications and computing infrastructure.
Infrastructure/Application Management and Recovery:
- Assists senior team members in managing vendors and AIS engineering representatives toward restoration of service for disabled computing infrastructure components and impacted applications.
- Develops knowledge of techniques to diagnose and capture documentation for system and infrastructure problems.
- Develop significant knowledge of Problem Management tools and assists in resolution.
- Develops communication skills used to gather and share accurate and complete documentation.
- Become familiar with communication vehicles (Service Center (ISD), e-Mail, Symon Board, broadcasts, documents and shift notes).
- Proactively pursues opportunities to enhance personal skill set.
- Works with manager to establish performance plan and actively participates in training and coaching support from senior staff members for the management and operating of the computing environment. Background Experience:
- 1+ years experience in complex computing environment, with a background in mainframe, midrange, distributed, network and WEB environments.
- Associate's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.