Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Senior Application Developer - 65505BRPrimary Location: Alpharetta, Georgia
Additional Locations: GA-Alpharetta Apply
- The Senior Application Developer will be responsible for Level-2 and Level-3 support of the Population health Management IT systems which are used in providing personalized insights & resources to our members to achieve their best health.
- The developer will support the applications through incident management and problem management processes to ensure the optimum reliability and availability of the systems.
- The developer will be responsible for analyzing and solving the issues and delivering results to the stakeholders in the platform.
- Independently designs and/or codes and may lead others in the development of cost effective application and program solutions.
- Leads or acts as chief technical contributor to translation of business requirements to technical specifications. Leads or acts as a technical contributor in the design of new applications or enhancements including integration of purchased solutions. Independently performs and assists other team members in providing ongoing system maintenance, research, problem resolution and on-call support tasks for existing systems.
- Is fully familiar and compliant with the efficient utilization of the prescribed methodologies and ensures compliance for the work of all aligned resources.
- Oversees or performs unit testing. May perform or assist with integration and system testing, according to detailed test plans to ensure high-quality systems.
- May assist business partners with User Acceptance Testing. With limited direction, supports the implementation of systems into production, including integration of purchased solutions.
- Responsible for Code Asset Management for an application or set of applications. Supports and promotes the reuse of assets across the organization. May lead or act as a subject matter expert for projects and/or service requests impacting an application or set of applications.
- Serves as team leader to direct technical activities, while also providing support for small and large highly complex projects that require increased skill across multiple technical environments and disciplines, that have system wide impact and that integrate across the organization.
- Receives some supervision and direction as regards prioritization of work but is competent to work independently and to offer direction and oversight to assigned team.
- 4+ years’ work experience that reflects a proven track record or proficiency in the competencies noted below
- Experience in application development, debugging and support or equivalent work experience and associated knowledge. Technical skill set required – Java J2EE, Linux, Oracle DB, PL/SQL, JBOSS.
- Exposure to application support processes and problem management is a plus.
- Working knowledge of development tools such as Eclipse (or similar IDE), source control tools such as Github, ServiceNow, CA Agile Central, SPLUNK, SOAPUI. Affiliated with a technical or professional organization or user group
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to communicate technical concepts in plain language Knowledge of structured IT application development lifecycles and methodologies
Ability to recognize complex problems vs. objectives and apply creativity to analyze situations, develop solutions, and procedures.
Additional Job Information: Ability to adapt to changing priorities.May act as Team Leader. May be involved in providing assistance and training to lower level Programmer/Analysts.Receives general supervision, and is competent to work at the highest level of all technical phases of systems analysis and application program development while working on own most of the time.Ability to work effectively with business areas, IT infrastructure teams, and IT management and staff.Broad knowledge of the client area's functions and systems, and systems and application program development technologies alternatives.Excellent communication skills. Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
- Utilization Management Nurse Consultant Charlotte, North Carolina, Bolivia, North Carolina, Brunswick, North Carolina, Cary, North Carolina, Durham, North Carolina, Gastonia, North Carolina, Hickory, North Carolina, High Point, North Carolina, Morrisville, North Carolina, Raleigh, North Carolina, Shallotte, North Carolina, Whiteville, North Carolina, Winnabow, North Carolina, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Manager, Provider Relations Kenner, Louisiana
- Medicare Advantage Underwriting Consultant Hartford, Connecticut
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.