Your career with us starts now
Are you ready for some real-world experience?
Eager to apply what you're learning in the classroom?
So what makes us different?
Our undergraduate summer internships are a great way to gain confidence, sharpen your skills and make a difference. (Did we mention that you get paid?) And many of our interns are offered jobs with Aetna after graduation.
You'll work with experienced mentors who value your enthusiasm, creativity and ambitions. Internships are full-time and typically last 10 to 12 weeks, from June to August. You'll be assigned to a business area and work on tasks you would experience if you were a permanent employee. Interns also participate in:
- A cross-functional project that provides solutions to a real business issue Aetna is facing, and the chance to present their recommendations to senior leaders at the end of the internship
- Community service initiatives
- Mentoring program
- Networking events
- The opportunity to learn about our businesses and get exposure to senior leaders
- Where will you work? Most internships are based at our corporate headquarters in Hartford, CT, but we also have internships in other locations across the United States.
Our Summer Associate Program received the following rankings as a result of VAULT’s 2018 Top Internship Survey:
#2 Best Healthcare Internships
#9 Best Financial Services Internships
This marks the 3rd consecutive year that we have been recognized as having a top internship program.Visit Vault.com to learn more about the survey and to see our reviews
See how caring is at the heart of our internship experience
From the very beginning, this internship has challenged me personally to step out of my comfort zone and get involved in activities and work that I normally wouldn't. From peer-to-peer networking to the actual work I was given during my internship, I was completely happy with the way it has prepared me for my future. – Troy M.
Having the chance to work at Aetna as a summer associate has been one of the most beneficial moves I have made for my career so far. There are so many great opportunities the Summer Associate Program provides to develop associates professionally and assist associates to create a network to get the full experience of Aetna and its culture. I have been able to apply the skills I have learned to the classroom and other positions I have taken on since. – Samantha L.
This was one of the best experiences I have ever had in my life. I was a real full-time employee who was treated and held accountable like one. One of the best experiences during the internship was the opportunity to work cross functionally on the capstone project. We were given a real-life Aetna issue, and that motivated me to really work hard to develop the best presentation ever. And it paid off with all the cool prizes my team won. I was presented with an opportunity for a permanent full-time role at Aetna – which I am in now, and love! – Bo C.
You're eligible to apply if you:
- Are currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- We begin looking for candidates to join our summer program in September every year and continue throughout the school year.
- To see what’s currently available, click the link below and enter “internship” as a keyword.
Sign up and tell us about yourself and your skills. We’ll let you know about student job opportunities that might interest you.Sign up for our talent pool portal
Join our Student Network Talent Community
Sign up and tell us about yourself and your skills. We’ll let you know about student job opportunities that might interest you.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.
Jobs for you
- Supervisor, Claim Operations Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Implementation Manager Plymouth, Minnesota, Tampa, Florida, Lansing, Michigan, St Louis, Missouri
- Utilization Management Nurse Consultant - RN Butler, Pennsylvania
- Supvr, Clinical Hlth Svc Dover, Delaware, Newark, Delaware, Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Charleston, West Virginia, Allentown, Pennsylvania, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Quality Engineer Chantilly, Virginia
- Case Manager (RN) New Albany, Ohio
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Find out when we’ll be in your area for recruiting.
Come visit us and learn about the wide range of career opportunities at Aetna– we are waiting to meet you.Recruiting Events